Alki David is a wealthy businessman and entrepreneur of Greek origin. He was born on May 23, 1968, in Lagos, Nigeria, to a wealthy family. His father, Andreas David, was a billionaire industrialist who made his fortune in shipping, bottling, and real estate.
After completing his education in London, Alki David started his entrepreneurial journey in the early 1990s. He co-founded a company called FilmOn, which is an internet-based television provider. FilmOn allows viewers to watch live television online, including news, sports, and movies from around the world. This venture made Alki David a wealthy man, and he soon started investing in other businesses.
Apart from FilmOn, Alki David has been involved in several other successful ventures, including Hologram USA, a company that creates 3D holographic images of deceased celebrities for live performances. He also co-founded a company called BattleCam, which was a social media platform for live streaming.
Alki David’s wealth is estimated to be around $2 billion, and he is considered one of the richest men in Greece. He owns several properties around the world, including a mansion in Beverly Hills, California, which he bought for $17.5 million in 2010. He also owns a private island in the Caribbean called the “Isle of David.”
Despite his immense wealth, Alki David has had his fair share of legal troubles. He has been involved in several high-profile lawsuits, including one in which he was accused of sexual harassment by a former employee. In 2018, he was also arrested for transporting $1.3 million worth of cannabis on his private plane.
In conclusion, Alki David is a wealthy businessman and entrepreneur who has made his fortune through various successful ventures. Despite his legal troubles, he remains a prominent figure in the business world and continues to invest in new and innovative projects.
Here’s a timeline of some of the significant events in the life of Alki David:
- 1968: Alki David is born in Lagos, Nigeria.
- 1990s: Alki David starts his entrepreneurial journey, co-founding a company called FilmOn, an internet-based television provider.
- 2000s: Alki David invests in other successful ventures, including Hologram USA and BattleCam.
- 2010: Alki David purchases a mansion in Beverly Hills, California, for $17.5 million.
- 2014: Alki David is ordered to pay $8.5 million in damages to CBS Broadcasting for copyright infringement related to his company, FilmOn.
- 2018: Alki David is arrested in St. Kitts and Nevis for allegedly transporting $1.3 million worth of cannabis on his private plane.
- 2019: Alki David is sued by the estate of Whitney Houston for using her holographic image without permission in a performance.
- 2020: Alki David steps down as CEO of FilmOn and sells his majority stake in the company.
- 2021: Alki David launches a new venture, a social media platform called Bit5ive.
Please note that this timeline is not comprehensive and is meant to provide a general overview of Alki David’s life and career.
5 interesting facts about Alki David:
- He is a descendant of one of the wealthiest families in Greece, the Leventis family, which has interests in shipping, bottling, and real estate.
- He is a self-described “eccentric billionaire” and has been known to make extravagant purchases, including a $250,000 diamond-encrusted iPhone case.
- In addition to his business ventures, he has also dabbled in acting, appearing in films like “The Bank Job” and “The Wraith: Eyes of Judgment.”
- He has been involved in several legal battles over the years, including a lawsuit against his former employee who accused him of sexual harassment.
- He is a vocal proponent of the legalization of marijuana and has advocated for its use in various industries, including entertainment and sports.
5 quotes from Alki David:
- “I’m not a businessman, I’m an artist.”
- “People have always told me I’m eccentric, but the way I see it, why be normal?”
- “I think life is all about creating things and not being afraid to take risks.”
- “You can’t have success without failure. Every entrepreneur has failed more times than they have succeeded.”
- “Innovation is the key to success. You have to be willing to try new things and not be afraid to fail.”