Anthony Di Iorio is a Canadian entrepreneur, investor, and cryptocurrency enthusiast. He was born on February 17, 1975, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Di Iorio attended Ryerson University in Toronto and graduated with a degree in marketing in 1998.
After graduating, Di Iorio worked in the marketing industry for several years before becoming interested in blockchain technology and cryptocurrency. He co-founded the Ethereum blockchain platform in 2014 with Vitalik Buterin, Charles Hoskinson, Mihai Alisie, and Joseph Lubin. Ethereum is a decentralized platform that enables the creation of smart contracts and decentralized applications (dApps) using blockchain technology. Ethereum has become one of the most popular blockchain platforms and has been used for a wide range of applications, from token sales to decentralized finance (DeFi).
Di Iorio is also the founder and CEO of Decentral Inc., a blockchain and cryptocurrency-focused company that offers a range of services, including blockchain consulting, software development, and hardware wallets. Decentral’s flagship product is the Jaxx wallet, which allows users to manage multiple cryptocurrencies from a single platform.
Di Iorio’s success in the cryptocurrency industry has made him a wealthy man. According to Forbes, as of 2021, Di Iorio’s net worth was estimated to be around $1 billion. He has invested in several other blockchain and cryptocurrency projects, including Qtum, Vechain, Zcash, and Augur.
Di Iorio is also known for his philanthropic work. He has donated millions of dollars to various charitable causes, including the Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation, the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, and the Blockchain for Social Impact Coalition.
In 2018, Di Iorio announced that he was stepping down from his leadership role at Decentral to focus on other ventures. However, he remains a prominent figure in the cryptocurrency industry and continues to invest in blockchain and cryptocurrency projects.
In conclusion, Anthony Di Iorio is a Canadian entrepreneur and cryptocurrency enthusiast who co-founded the Ethereum blockchain platform and is the founder of Decentral Inc. His success in the cryptocurrency industry has made him a billionaire, and he has also made significant contributions to various charitable causes.
Here’s a timeline of Anthony Di Iorio’s major achievements and milestones:
- 1975: Anthony Di Iorio is born on February 17th in Toronto, Canada.
- 1998: Di Iorio graduates from Ryerson University in Toronto with a degree in marketing.
- 2012: Di Iorio becomes interested in Bitcoin and blockchain technology.
- 2013: Di Iorio co-founds the Toronto Bitcoin Meetup, which becomes one of the largest Bitcoin communities in the world.
- 2014: Di Iorio co-founds Ethereum with Vitalik Buterin, Charles Hoskinson, Mihai Alisie, and Joseph Lubin.
- 2015: Di Iorio founds Decentral Inc., a blockchain-focused company that offers a range of services, including blockchain consulting and software development.
- 2016: Decentral releases Jaxx, a multi-cryptocurrency wallet that allows users to manage multiple digital assets from a single platform.
- 2017: Jaxx partners with ShapeShift to enable users to instantly exchange cryptocurrencies within the wallet.
- 2018: Di Iorio steps down from his role as CEO of Decentral to focus on other ventures and invest in other blockchain projects.
- 2021: Forbes estimates Di Iorio’s net worth to be around $1 billion, largely due to his investments in various blockchain and cryptocurrency projects.
This timeline covers some of the major events in Anthony Di Iorio’s career, from his early interest in Bitcoin to his co-founding of Ethereum and the development of the Jaxx wallet.
Here are 5 interesting facts about Anthony Di Iorio:
- Di Iorio was one of the early investors in Ethereum, investing $100,000 in the project in 2014.
- He has been involved in the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry for over a decade, having co-founded the Toronto Bitcoin Meetup in 2013.
- In addition to his work in the blockchain industry, Di Iorio is also an accomplished kiteboarder and has competed in several international competitions.
- Di Iorio has donated millions of dollars to various charitable causes, including the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health and the Blockchain for Social Impact Coalition.
- He has been a vocal advocate for the use of blockchain technology in promoting financial and social inclusion.
Here are 5 quotes from Anthony Di Iorio:
- “Blockchain is the next big thing that’s going to transform how we interact with each other and how we do business together.”
- “I see blockchain technology as being able to change the world in a positive way, and I want to be a part of that change.”
- “I think we’re in the early days of blockchain technology, and we’re going to see a lot more innovation and disruption in the years to come.”
- “I believe that blockchain technology has the potential to revolutionize the way we conduct business and interact with each other on a global scale.”
- “My mission is to help build a decentralized future where people can have more control over their own lives and their own data.”