Argentine-British actress Anya Taylor-Joy was born in Miami, Florida, on April 16, 1996. Up to the age of six, she lived in Argentina with her family when they relocated to London, England. Taylor-Joy started her career as a model before switching to acting since she had a passion for performing since a young age.
Taylor-Joy’s breakout performance came in the 2015 horror movie “The Witch.” She garnered favorable reviews for her performance, which led to multiple nominations for awards. She has since made appearances in a number of popular movies, such as “Split,” “Thoroughbreds,” and “Emma.”
The Netflix limited series “The Queen’s Gambit,” which Taylor-Joy appeared in in 2020, was a huge success and helped her get a lot of notoriety. Her Golden Globe win for Best Actress in a Television Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television was a result of the series.
Anya Taylor-Joy’s net worth is projected to be approximately $3 million as of 2021. Her lucrative acting career and endorsement deals are the main sources of her fortune. Taylor-Joy has worked as a brand ambassador for various fashion brands in addition to her work in cinema and television, music videos, and other media.
Taylor-Joy maintains her modesty and groundedness in the face of prosperity. She has utilized her position to advocate for causes close to her heart, such as women’s rights and mental health. Taylor-Joy is also active with a number of humanitarian organizations, such as Save the Children and UNICEF.
In conclusion, Anya Taylor-Joy is an accomplished actress who has established herself in the media. She has established herself as a rising celebrity with a $3 million net worth and is set up for future success.
Here is Anya Taylor-Joy’s timeline:
Anya Taylor-Joy is born in Miami, Florida, on April 16, 1996.
In 2004, Taylor-Joy and her family relocate to London.
Taylor-Joy made her acting debut in the 2014 season of the TV show “Endeavour.”
2015 saw the debut of Taylor-Joy in the horror movie “The Witch.” She receives favorable reviews for her performance, which results in multiple nominations for awards.
As of 2016, Taylor-Joy has roles in the movies “Morgan” and “The Miniaturist.”
In 2017 Taylor-Joy starred in the suspenseful movies “Split” and the dark comedy thriller “Thoroughbreds.”
2018 saw the release of Taylor-Joy’s historical comedy-drama “Emma.”
As of 2019, Taylor-Joy may be seen in the movies “Glass” and “Playmobil: The Movie.”
Taylor-Joy wins a Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Television Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television in 2020 for her role in the Netflix limited series “The Queen’s Gambit,” which is a huge hit.
Taylor-Joy makes her acting debut in the 2021 movies “Last Night in Soho” and “The Northman.” She will play Furiosa in the forthcoming “Mad Max: Fury Road” prequel.
This timeline covers some of Anya Taylor-Joy’s most significant professional achievements, from her breakout performance in “The Witch” to her most recent triumph in “The Queen’s Gambit” and her impending parts in much awaited movies.
Here are 5 fascinating facts and 5 Anya Taylor-Joy quotes:
Five Fascinating Facts
- Anya Taylor-Joy learnt to speak Spanish fluently while growing up in Argentina.
- Taylor-Joy did not aim to become an actress; she was initially discovered as a model.
- She picked up chess as a new hobby in preparation for her part in “The Queen’s Gambit.”
- Taylor-Joy considers ballet to be one of her interests and is a skilled dancer.
- She freely discusses her personal battles with anxiety and advocates for mental health awareness.
- “I always try to find the humanity in my characters, even if they’re a villain.”
- “Acting is about telling the truth, and I always want to find the truth in my characters.”
- “I’m a big believer in the idea that everything happens for a reason.”
- “I think it’s really important to take care of yourself and take care of your mental health.”
- “I think it’s really important to have a support system, people who love you and care for you no matter what.”