|Born||Brandon James Routh|
October 9, 1979 (age 43)
Des Moines, Iowa, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Iowa|
|Height||6 ft 2+1⁄2 in (1.89 m)|
|Spouse||Courtney Ford (m. 2007)|
Brandon Routh is an American actor, known for his portrayal of Clark Kent/Superman in the 2006 film “Superman Returns.” He was born on October 9, 1979, in Des Moines, Iowa.
Routh began his career as a model and appeared in various commercials before transitioning to acting. He made his television debut in 1999 with a guest appearance on the series “Odd Man Out.” The following year, he landed his breakthrough role as the titular character in the film “Superman Returns,” which earned him critical acclaim and international recognition.
In addition to his work as Superman, Routh has also appeared in several other films and television series, including “Zack and Miri Make a Porno,” “Arrow,” and “Legends of Tomorrow.” He has also lent his voice to several animated projects, including “DC Showcase: Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam.”
Routh’s net worth is estimated to be around $12 million. Much of his wealth comes from his acting career, as well as his work as a producer. He reportedly earned $1 million for his role in “Superman Returns,” which was a significant boost to his net worth. He also received a producer credit on the film “Fling” in 2008.
Outside of his entertainment career, Routh has also been involved in several philanthropic endeavors. He is an ambassador for the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and has also supported various charities related to education, animal rights, and the environment.
In his personal life, Routh is married to actress Courtney Ford, and the couple has one child together. They reside in Los Angeles, California.
Overall, Brandon Routh has had a successful career in the entertainment industry, and his talent and hard work have earned him both critical acclaim and financial success.
Here’s a timeline of some of the key events in Brandon Routh’s life and career:
- 1979: Brandon Routh is born on October 9th in Des Moines, Iowa.
- 1999: He makes his television debut with a guest appearance on the series “Odd Man Out.”
- 2000: Routh graduates from the University of Iowa with a degree in fine arts.
- 2004: He lands the lead role in the film “Deadly” and also appears in the series “Oliver Beene.”
- 2006: Routh stars as Clark Kent/Superman in the film “Superman Returns,” earning critical acclaim and international recognition.
- 2008: He receives a producer credit on the film “Fling.”
- 2010: Routh marries actress Courtney Ford.
- 2011: He stars in the series “Chuck” and also appears in the film “Dylan Dog: Dead of Night.”
- 2012: Routh joins the cast of the series “Partners” and also voices the character of David “Hesh” Walker in the video game “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.”
- 2014: He joins the cast of the series “Arrow” as Ray Palmer/The Atom.
- 2015: Routh reprised his role as Ray Palmer/The Atom in the series “The Flash” and stars in the film “400 Days.”
- 2016: He stars in the series “Legends of Tomorrow.”
- 2020: Routh departs from “Legends of Tomorrow.”
Throughout his career, Brandon Routh has been recognized for his talent and contributions to the entertainment industry. He has received several award nominations and has been involved in various philanthropic causes, including education and animal rights.
5 Interesting Facts about Brandon Routh:
- Routh was originally considered for the role of James Bond in “Casino Royale” but ultimately lost out to Daniel Craig.
- He is a trained martial artist and has a black belt in karate.
- Routh is a vegetarian and has been an advocate for animal rights.
- He was a fan of Superman before he was cast in the role and even wore Superman pajamas as a child.
- Routh is a big comic book fan and has collected various titles throughout his life.
5 Quotes from Brandon Routh:
- “Being a superhero is a lot like being a father. You have to put on a strong face and be there for people when they need you.”
- “I think it’s important to be authentic and true to yourself, no matter what you do in life.”
- “I try to stay humble and grounded, even though I’ve had some amazing opportunities in my career.”
- “I think it’s important to use your platform to make a positive impact in the world.”
- “I’ve always been a believer that anything is possible if you’re willing to work hard and never give up on your dreams.”