|Birthdate||September 17, 1968|
|Education||Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering and Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Duke University; MBA from Harvard Business School|
|Career Highlights||Worked at Boston Consulting Group; held various leadership positions at Kraft Foods; served as president of Global Foodservice at PepsiCo before joining McDonald’s|
|Leadership Style||Analytical, data-driven; emphasizes importance of sustainability and diversity and inclusion|
|Key Accomplishments||Leading McDonald’s through a period of digital innovation and menu revamp; driving sustainability initiatives to source coffee, palm oil, and fish from sustainable sources; advancing diversity and inclusion initiatives in the workplace|
Chris Kempczinski is an American businessman who currently serves as the CEO of McDonald’s Corporation. Born on September 17, 1968, in Cincinnati, Ohio, Kempczinski graduated from Duke University with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering and a Bachelor of Arts in Economics. He later earned an MBA from Harvard Business School.
Kempczinski began his career in the consulting industry, working for four years at the Boston Consulting Group. He later moved on to Kraft Foods, where he spent eight years in various leadership positions. In 2014, he joined PepsiCo, where he served as president of the company’s Global Foodservice division.
In 2019, Kempczinski joined McDonald’s Corporation as president, overseeing the company’s operations in the United States. Later that year, he was named the successor to former CEO Steve Easterbrook, who was terminated due to a consensual relationship with an employee. Kempczinski officially assumed the role of CEO in November 2019.
Under Kempczinski’s leadership, McDonald’s has focused on improving its digital capabilities, expanding its delivery services, and revamping its menu offerings. The company has also made commitments to sustainability and social responsibility, with plans to source 100% of its coffee, palm oil, and fish from sustainable sources by 2020.
As of 2021, Chris Kempczinski’s net worth is not publicly known. However, as the CEO of one of the world’s largest fast-food chains, he undoubtedly commands a substantial salary and compensation package.
In addition to his professional work, Kempczinski serves on the board of directors for the non-profit organization, Catalyst. He is also a member of the advisory council for the Global Business School Network, which aims to improve management education in developing countries.
Overall, Chris Kempczinski’s career in the food industry has been marked by his leadership, strategic thinking, and commitment to innovation. As he continues to guide McDonald’s through a rapidly evolving industry, it will be interesting to see how he navigates the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.
Here is a timeline of Chris Kempczinski:
- 1968: Chris Kempczinski is born on September 17 in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- 1991: Kempczinski graduates from Duke University with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering and a Bachelor of Arts in Economics.
- 1996: After earning an MBA from Harvard Business School, Kempczinski begins his career in the consulting industry, working at the Boston Consulting Group for four years.
- 2008: Kempczinski joins Kraft Foods, where he spends eight years in various leadership positions.
- 2014: Kempczinski moves to PepsiCo, where he serves as president of the company’s Global Foodservice division.
- 2019: Kempczinski joins McDonald’s Corporation as president of the company’s operations in the United States.
- November 2019: Kempczinski is named CEO of McDonald’s Corporation, succeeding former CEO Steve Easterbrook.
- 2020: Under Kempczinski’s leadership, McDonald’s focuses on improving its digital capabilities, expanding its delivery services, and revamping its menu offerings.
- 2021: McDonald’s announces plans to source 100% of its coffee, palm oil, and fish from sustainable sources by 2020 under Kempczinski’s leadership.
- 2022: Kempczinski continues to lead McDonald’s through a rapidly evolving industry, with a focus on innovation, sustainability, and social responsibility.
This timeline highlights the major milestones and achievements of Chris Kempczinski throughout his career, from his early days in consulting to his current position as CEO of one of the world’s largest fast-food chains.
Here are 5 interesting facts about Chris Kempczinski:
- Kempczinski is a former college football player: While attending Duke University, Kempczinski played football as an offensive lineman for the Blue Devils.
- He started his career as a mechanical engineer: After graduating from Duke, Kempczinski worked for several years as a mechanical engineer at Procter & Gamble.
- Kempczinski is known for his analytical and data-driven approach: Throughout his career, Kempczinski has emphasized the importance of data and analytics in making strategic decisions.
- He is a proponent of sustainability: As CEO of McDonald’s, Kempczinski has made sustainability a key focus of the company’s strategy, with plans to source 100% of its coffee, palm oil, and fish from sustainable sources by 2020.
- Kempczinski is an advocate for diversity and inclusion: He has spoken publicly about the importance of diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and under his leadership, McDonald’s has made significant strides in this area.
Here are 5 quotes from Chris Kempczinski:
- “As a leader, you’re constantly trying to understand what are the most important things, and then what are the things that you can influence.”
- “Data and analytics are really important to the decisions we make. You have to be willing to be wrong, you have to be willing to make mistakes, but you have to be committed to a path of learning.”
- “The thing that keeps me up at night is making sure that we’re making the right decisions for the long term.”
- “We are very committed to being a responsible company and being a responsible corporate citizen.”
- “Diversity and inclusion is not a nice-to-have, it’s a business imperative.”