Frank Fertitta III is an American entrepreneur, casino executive, and former owner of the UFC. He is also the co-founder and CEO of Station Casinos, a casino company based in Las Vegas, Nevada. As of 2022, his net worth is estimated to be $3.3 billion.
Fertitta was born on February 24, 1962, in Las Vegas, Nevada. He is the son of Frank Fertitta Jr., who co-founded Station Casinos with his brother Lorenzo Fertitta. Fertitta grew up in Las Vegas and attended Bishop Gorman High School. After graduating in 1979, he attended the University of Southern California, where he earned a Bachelor’s degree in business.
After college, Fertitta returned to Las Vegas and began working for his family’s casino business. In 1991, he became the president and CEO of Station Casinos. Under his leadership, the company grew to become one of the largest casino operators in the United States, with 20 properties in Nevada, California, and Michigan.
In addition to his work in the casino industry, Fertitta is also known for his involvement in mixed martial arts. In 2001, he and his brother Lorenzo, along with their business partner Dana White, purchased the UFC for $2 million. Over the next 15 years, the Fertitta brothers and White transformed the UFC into a multi-billion dollar global sports franchise.
In 2016, the Fertitta brothers and White sold the UFC to talent agency WME-IMG for $4 billion. After the sale, Fertitta stepped down as CEO of Station Casinos and became the CEO of Fertitta Capital, a private investment firm.
Fertitta is also a philanthropist who supports a variety of causes, including education and healthcare. In 2011, he and his wife donated $25 million to the University of Southern California to support the construction of a new building for the USC Marshall School of Business.
Overall, Frank Fertitta III is a successful entrepreneur and executive who has made a significant impact on the casino and sports industries. His net worth is a testament to his business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit.
Here is a timeline of significant events in the life of Frank Fertitta III:
- 1962: Frank Fertitta III is born on February 24 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- 1979: Fertitta graduates from Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas.
- 1984: Fertitta earns a Bachelor’s degree in business from the University of Southern California.
- 1985: Fertitta begins working for his family’s casino business, Station Casinos.
- 1991: Fertitta becomes the president and CEO of Station Casinos.
- 2001: Fertitta and his brother Lorenzo, along with their business partner Dana White, purchase the UFC for $2 million.
- 2005: Fertitta and his brother Lorenzo purchase the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas.
- 2011: Fertitta and his wife donate $25 million to the University of Southern California to support the construction of a new building for the USC Marshall School of Business.
- 2016: Fertitta and his brother Lorenzo, along with Dana White, sell the UFC to talent agency WME-IMG for $4 billion.
- 2018: Fertitta becomes the CEO of Fertitta Capital, a private investment firm.
This timeline highlights some of the key moments in Fertitta’s life, including his education, his work in the casino industry, his ownership of the UFC, and his philanthropic efforts.
Here are five interesting facts about Frank Fertitta III and five quotes attributed to him:
- Frank Fertitta III was born and raised in Las Vegas, and his family has been involved in the casino industry there since the 1970s.
- Fertitta is an avid sports fan, and he played football and baseball in high school.
- Fertitta is a member of the Nevada Business Hall of Fame.
- In addition to his work with Station Casinos and the UFC, Fertitta is also involved in philanthropy, and he has donated millions of dollars to causes such as education and medical research.
- Fertitta is known for his business acumen and his ability to identify and capitalize on emerging trends in industries such as gaming and sports.
- “My philosophy has always been to bet on myself.”
- “There’s no secret to success. It’s just hard work, dedication, and always staying true to yourself.”
- “I’m a big believer in investing in yourself, whether it’s education, knowledge, or experience.”
- “The key to success in any industry is to stay ahead of the curve and never stop innovating.”
- “At the end of the day, it’s all about creating value for your customers and giving them a reason to choose you over the competition.”