|Full Name||Luca Cordero di Montezemolo|
|Date of Birth||August 31, 1947|
|Education||Law Degree from University of Rome|
|Career||Former Chairman of Ferrari, Cerruti, Alitalia, and Meridiana|
|Notable Achievements||Launch of several iconic Ferrari models; Founding of Montezemolo Foundation|
|Net Worth||Estimated $400 million|
|Philanthropic Initiatives||Montezemolo Foundation; Supporter of cultural and artistic events|
|Languages||Fluent in Italian, English, French, and Spanish|
|Personal Interests||Amateur racing, sports, food, culture|
Luca Cordero di Montezemolo is an Italian businessman and former Chairman of Ferrari. Born on August 31, 1947, in Bologna, Italy, he is the son of a wealthy aristocratic family.
Montezemolo began his career as a lawyer, but quickly transitioned to the world of business. In 1973, he was hired by Enzo Ferrari to work as his personal assistant. This marked the beginning of a long and successful career with the iconic sports car brand.
Over the years, Montezemolo held various positions at Ferrari, including Director of Racing and Vice President of the company. In 1991, he was appointed Chairman of the company, a position he held for 23 years until his resignation in 2014. During his tenure, Montezemolo oversaw the launch of several new Ferrari models, including the Enzo, the 458 Italia, and the F12 Berlinetta.
Montezemolo is also known for his success in the luxury goods industry. He served as Chairman of Italian fashion house, Cerruti, from 1999 to 2003, and as Chairman of Alitalia, Italy’s national airline, from 2004 to 2007.
As of 2021, Montezemolo’s net worth is estimated to be around $400 million, much of which he earned through his various leadership roles at Ferrari and other companies.
In addition to his business success, Montezemolo is also involved in various philanthropic endeavors. He founded the Montezemolo Foundation in 2008, which supports educational and cultural projects in Italy.
Despite stepping down from his role at Ferrari in 2014, Montezemolo remains a prominent figure in the world of motorsports and luxury goods. He continues to serve on the board of several companies and is widely regarded as one of the most influential and successful businessmen in Italy.
Here is a timeline of the key events in Luca Cordero di Montezemolo’s life and career:
- 1947: Luca Cordero di Montezemolo is born in Bologna, Italy
- 1973: Montezemolo is hired by Enzo Ferrari to work as his personal assistant
- 1974: Becomes manager of the Ferrari Formula One team
- 1977: Appointed Director of Racing for Ferrari
- 1991: Named Chairman of Ferrari
- 1999: Becomes Chairman of Italian fashion house, Cerruti
- 2004: Appointed Chairman of Alitalia, Italy’s national airline
- 2008: Founding of the Montezemolo Foundation
- 2014: Resigns as Chairman of Ferrari
- 2015: Joins the Board of Directors of Italian insurance company, Unicredit
- 2016: Becomes Chairman of Italian airline, Meridiana
- 2019: Steps down as Chairman of Meridiana, which was rebranded as Air Italy
Note: This timeline is not exhaustive and there may be other significant events in Montezemolo’s life and career.
Here are 5 interesting facts about Luca Cordero di Montezemolo and 5 of his notable quotes:
- Montezemolo is a member of the prominent Italian aristocratic family, House of Montezemolo.
- He was instrumental in the launch of several iconic Ferrari models, including the Enzo, the 458 Italia, and the F12 Berlinetta.
- Montezemolo is a passionate sports enthusiast and has competed in several amateur racing events.
- In addition to his business pursuits, he is also involved in several cultural and philanthropic initiatives, including founding the Montezemolo Foundation.
- Montezemolo is fluent in several languages, including English, French, and Spanish.
- “I have always believed that the most important asset of any company is its people.”
- “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.”
- “In Italy, the most important things are beauty, food, and good company.”
- “You have to be passionate, and you have to be passionate in a humble way.”
- “In life, you must always choose the harder right than the easier wrong.”