CEO, Bloomberg L.P
Net worth in 2022: $76.8 Billion
Age : 80 in 2022
Birth: February 14, 1942 Boston, Massachusetts, United State
Source of Wealth:
Citizenship: United States
Residence: New York, New York
Monthly Income: unknown
Master of Business Administration,
Harvard Business School;
Bachelor of Arts/Science,
Johns Hopkins University
Height: 170 cm (5´ 7´´)
Weight: – kg (- Ibs)
Eye Color: brown
Hair Color: grey
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- He cofounded financial information and media company Bloomberg LP in 1981.
- He put in the seed funding for the company and now owns 88% of the business, which has estimated revenues north of $12 billion.
- He announced a run for president in November 2019 (but dropped out in March 2020), and spent hundreds of millions to defeat Donald Trump in 2020.
- As a teenager, Bloomberg worked at an electronics company in Cambridge, MA.
- Started on Wall Street in 1966 with an entry level job at investment bank Salomon Brother
- he has donated more than $12.7 billion to gun control, climate change and other causes.
- Bloomberg pledged $1.8 billion to Johns Hopkins University, his undergraduate alma mater, adding to $1.5 billion he had already given the school.
Real Estate Portfolio:
- Bloomberg at the time owned 14 personal residences and spends at least $500,000 per year on household staff salaries.
- A Beaux Arts “double-wide mansion” and a Trump condo in New York City – bought for $3.5 million in 1986
- A 22,000-square-foot Hamptons estate and Westchester stables – bought for $20 million
- A $25-million mansion in London and vacation properties in Bermuda, Vail, and Florida
Books recommended by Michael Bloomber:
- Principles – Ray Dalio
- The Ride of a Lifetime – Bob Iger
- Brotopia – Emily Chang
- Keeping At It – Paul Volcker
- Mastering The Market Cycle – Howard Marks
- Frenemies – Ken Auletta
- Thirst – Scott Harrison
- “This is the city of dreamers and time and again it’s the place where the greatest dream of all, the American dream, has been tested and has triumphed.“ – Michael Bloomberg
- “We may not always agree with every one of our neighbors. That’s life. And it’s part of living in such a diverse and dense city. But we also recognize that part of being a New Yorker is living with your neighbors in mutual respect and tolerance. It was exactly that spirit of openness and acceptance that was attacked on 9/11, 2001. “ – Michael Bloomberg
- “I will say that walking down the street, getting on the subway, taking the elevator, if there’s one or two people and they say, ‘Great job, Mayor,’ that is a real turn-on. I mean, anybody that wouldn’t find that satisfying, rewarding, exciting, thrilling – I think they should see the doctor. “ – Michael Bloomberg
- “Well, you have the public not wanting any new spending, you have the Republicans not wanting any new taxes, you have the Democrats not wanting any new spending cuts, you have the markets not wanting any new borrowing, and you have the economists wanting all of the above. And that leads to paralysis.“ – Michael Bloomberg
- “America is built around this premise that you can do it, and there are an awful lot of people who are unlikely to have done it who did.“ – Michael Bloomberg
- “Nobody is going to delegate a lot of power to a secretary that they can’t control.“ – Michael Bloomberg