Neal Mohan is an Indian-American entrepreneur and executive who is best known for his work in the technology industry. Born in 1974 in Hyderabad, India, Mohan grew up in a family that placed a high value on education and achievement. He went on to attend Stanford University, where he earned a degree in electrical engineering.
After graduation, Mohan began his career at McKinsey & Company, where he worked as a management consultant. However, he was drawn to the world of technology, and in 2003, he joined Google as a product manager. Over the next several years, Mohan rose through the ranks at Google, eventually becoming the vice president of display and video advertising.
During his time at Google, Mohan played a key role in the development of several of the company’s advertising products, including DoubleClick, AdSense, and AdWords. He also helped to launch several new products, such as Google’s programmatic ad platform and the YouTube Masthead.
In 2015, Mohan left Google to join Twitter as the company’s head of product. However, he returned to Google in 2018 to take on a new role as the chief product officer of YouTube. In this position, Mohan oversees all of YouTube’s product and engineering teams, as well as the platform’s overall strategy.
As a highly successful executive in the technology industry, Mohan has amassed a significant amount of wealth. According to reports, his net worth is estimated to be around $750 million. Much of his wealth comes from his stock options and equity grants from Google and Alphabet, the parent company of Google and YouTube.
Mohan is also known for his philanthropic efforts. He and his wife have donated millions of dollars to various causes, including education and healthcare initiatives. Mohan has also been recognized for his contributions to the technology industry, having been named to Fortune’s “40 Under 40” list and Business Insider’s “Silicon Valley 100” list.
Here is a timeline of Neal Mohan’s career:
- 1997: Graduated from Stanford University with a degree in electrical engineering.
- 1997-2003: Worked at McKinsey & Company as a management consultant.
- 2003: Joined Google as a product manager.
- 2007: Became the director of product management at Google.
- 2008: Oversaw the acquisition of DoubleClick by Google.
- 2010: Became the vice president of product management at Google.
- 2012: Launched Google’s programmatic ad platform.
- 2014: Became the vice president of display and video advertising at Google.
- 2015: Joined Twitter as the company’s head of product.
- 2018: Returned to Google as the chief product officer of YouTube.
5 Interesting Facts about Neal Mohan:
- Neal Mohan was born and raised in Hyderabad, India and moved to the United States for his higher education.
- He initially pursued a career in consulting before joining Google in 2003.
- Mohan played a key role in the development of several of Google’s advertising products, including AdWords and DoubleClick.
- He was named to Fortune’s “40 Under 40” list in 2012 and 2013.
- Mohan is known for his love of sports, particularly cricket and soccer.
5 Quotes from Neal Mohan:
- “Product development is a team sport. No one person has all the answers, and no one person can build a great product alone.”
- “The best ideas come from cross-functional collaboration and the blending of different perspectives.”
- “We’re always focused on how we can make it easier for creators to build their audience, make money, and build businesses on YouTube.”
- “Data is important, but it’s important to recognize that data is not the only thing that matters. It’s important to listen to your customers and understand their needs and desires.”
- “I’ve always believed that if you’re not learning, you’re not growing. It’s important to challenge yourself and continue to learn new things throughout your career.”