Rezo, whose real name is unknown, is a German YouTuber and musician who rose to fame for his viral videos on science and politics. He was born on August 1992 in Wuppertal, Germany, and grew up in Aachen. He studied computer science at RWTH Aachen University, but eventually dropped out to pursue his career in YouTube.
Rezo began his YouTube career in 2012, uploading videos on science and music. He gained recognition in 2019 when he posted a video criticizing the German government’s climate policies, which went viral and garnered millions of views. The video, titled “The destruction of the CDU” (CDU stands for Christian Democratic Union, a political party in Germany), criticized the party’s stance on climate change and was credited with influencing the results of the 2019 European Parliament elections.
As a result of his viral success, Rezo became one of the most popular YouTubers in Germany, with over 2.5 million subscribers as of 2021. He has also released music, including the album “Katsching” in 2020, which features a mix of rap, pop, and electronic music.
While Rezo’s exact net worth is not publicly known, it is estimated to be in the millions. He earns money through advertising revenue from his YouTube channel, as well as from merchandise sales and music royalties. He has also partnered with various brands, such as Telekom and Samsung, to promote their products to his followers.
Despite his wealth, Rezo has remained humble and continues to use his platform to raise awareness on social and political issues. He has advocated for climate action, spoken out against right-wing extremism, and encouraged his followers to participate in the democratic process. Rezo is a prime example of how the power of social media can be harnessed to effect change and make a positive impact on society.
Here’s a timeline of Rezo’s life and career:
- August 1992: Rezo is born in Wuppertal, Germany.
- 2012: Rezo begins his YouTube career, uploading videos on science and music.
- 2019: Rezo posts a viral video titled “The destruction of the CDU,” criticizing the German government’s climate policies and influencing the results of the 2019 European Parliament elections.
- 2019: Rezo wins the Golden Camera Award in the “Best YouTube Channel” category.
- 2020: Rezo releases his debut album “Katsching,” which features a mix of rap, pop, and electronic music.
- 2021: Rezo reaches over 2.5 million subscribers on his YouTube channel.
- 2021: Rezo wins the 1Live Krone Award in the “Best Online Star” category.
This timeline highlights some of the key moments in Rezo’s life and career, from his early days on YouTube to his rise to fame as a political influencer and musician.
Here are five interesting facts about Rezo and five quotes from him:
- Rezo is known for his outspoken criticism of right-wing politics and has been vocal about his support for left-wing and progressive movements.
- Despite his success on YouTube and in music, Rezo has remained private about his personal life and rarely shares details about his family or romantic relationships.
- Rezo has been recognized for his social and political influence, winning awards such as the Golden Camera and the 1Live Krone for his work.
- In addition to his music and YouTube career, Rezo has also made appearances on German television shows and has been featured in various media outlets.
- Rezo’s videos have sparked controversy and criticism from some politicians and media outlets in Germany, but he has maintained his commitment to speaking out on important issues.
- “The climate crisis is not a political opinion. It’s a fact.”
- “We have to take responsibility for our actions and the impact they have on the planet.”
- “We need to stand up against hate, racism, and discrimination in all its forms.”
- “We have the power to make a difference and create change in our society.”
- “We need to prioritize the well-being of people and the planet over profit and corporate interests.”