Robert Pattinson is a British actor and musician best known for his role as Edward Cullen in the hit film franchise Twilight. He was born on May 13, 1986, in London, England, and grew up in Barnes. His parents, Clare and Richard Pattinson, both worked in the entertainment industry, with his mother being a model agency booker and his father a vintage car dealer. Pattinson attended Harrodian School in London before moving on to Tower House School and then to The Harrodian School.
Pattinson began his acting career in the early 2000s, appearing in a number of small film and television roles before landing his breakout role in Twilight in 2008. The film’s massive success catapulted him to international fame and made him a household name.
In addition to his acting career, Pattinson is also a talented musician. He has contributed to several film soundtracks and has even released his own music. His debut album, “Songs from a Room,” was released in 2020.
As of 2023, Robert Pattinson’s net worth is estimated to be around $150 million. This wealth is largely due to his success in the film industry, with his roles in the Twilight franchise, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and Water for Elephants all contributing to his earnings. He has also been the face of several high-profile advertising campaigns, including for Dior Homme, which reportedly earned him $12 million.
Pattinson is known for his love of privacy and often keeps his personal life out of the public eye. However, he has been linked romantically to a number of high-profile women over the years, including Kristen Stewart and FKA Twigs. He is also known for his philanthropic efforts, having donated to several charities over the years, including the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles and the GO Campaign, which aims to improve the lives of orphans and vulnerable children around the world.
Overall, Robert Pattinson’s talent and hard work have made him one of the most successful actors of his generation, and his wealth reflects that success.
Here is a timeline of some significant events in Robert Pattinson’s life:
- May 13, 1986: Robert Pattinson is born in London, England.
- Early 2000s: Pattinson begins his acting career, appearing in several small film and television roles.
- 2005: Pattinson lands a supporting role in the film Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
- 2008: Pattinson’s breakthrough role comes as he stars as Edward Cullen in the film Twilight, based on the popular book series by Stephenie Meyer.
- 2009-2012: Pattinson continues to star in the Twilight film franchise, appearing in the sequels New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn – Part 1 and Part 2.
- 2011: Pattinson is named one of TIME magazine’s 100 most influential people in the world.
- 2012: Pattinson takes on a more serious role in the film Cosmopolis, directed by David Cronenberg.
- 2014: Pattinson stars in the film The Rover, which premieres at the Cannes Film Festival.
- 2015: Pattinson appears in the critically acclaimed film The Lost City of Z, directed by James Gray.
- 2019: Pattinson is cast as the next Batman in the upcoming film The Batman, set to be released in 2022.
- 2020: Pattinson releases his debut album, “Songs from a Room”.
- 2021: Pattinson stars in the film The French Dispatch, directed by Wes Anderson, which premieres at the Cannes Film Festival.
This is just a brief timeline of some of the major events in Robert Pattinson’s life and career.
5 Interesting Facts about Robert Pattinson:
- Pattinson was nearly fired from the first Twilight movie after he revealed that he didn’t understand his character’s motivations.
- He played the guitar and piano for his role as Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
- Pattinson is a talented painter and even had his artwork featured in a gallery exhibition in 2017.
- He used to work as a model, appearing in campaigns for brands like Hackett and Burberry.
- Pattinson is a huge fan of the musician Van Morrison, and has said that his music helped him get through some tough times in his life.
5 Quotes from Robert Pattinson:
- “I don’t know if I have any fans… anyone who is willing to interrupt someone while they’re in a restaurant, I’m not quite sure that’s the fan I want.”
- “I just want to make movies that are worthwhile, and that people might like, and that hopefully can just make some money for the people who invested in them.”
- “I’m a bit of a hoarder. Whenever I move to a new place, I always try and keep everything from the last place and move it in.”
- “I’m not the type of guy who has a lot of friends, so I’m usually by myself anyway.”
- “I like taking risks. I like not knowing what’s going to happen. It’s exciting.”