Seth MacFarlane is an American actor, animator, writer, producer, and singer who was born on October 26, 1973, in Kent, Connecticut. He is best known for creating and voicing several characters on the animated television shows Family Guy, American Dad!, and The Cleveland Show.
MacFarlane’s career in entertainment began during his time at the Rhode Island School of Design, where he created a short film that caught the attention of executives at Hanna-Barbera Productions. This led to his first job as an animator and writer on the popular television show Johnny Bravo.
In 1999, MacFarlane created Family Guy, which premiered on Fox Television. The show quickly gained a cult following and became a massive success, spawning spin-offs and merchandise. MacFarlane also provides the voices for several of the show’s characters, including Peter Griffin, Stewie Griffin, and Brian the Dog.
In addition to his work on Family Guy, MacFarlane has created and produced other successful shows, including American Dad! and The Cleveland Show. He has also lent his voice to numerous animated movies, including the 2012 hit, Ted.
MacFarlane’s success in the entertainment industry has led to a significant amount of wealth. According to Celebrity Net Worth, his net worth is estimated to be around $300 million. This fortune has allowed MacFarlane to indulge in some of his passions, including philanthropy and space exploration.
MacFarlane is a supporter of various charitable organizations and causes, including autism research, animal welfare, and disaster relief efforts. He has also donated generously to his alma mater, the Rhode Island School of Design.
In 2011, MacFarlane donated $10 million to the Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Foundation, which promotes scientific research and education. He has also been a vocal supporter of NASA and space exploration, and in 2013, he donated $1 million to the Carl Sagan Institute at Cornell University.
In conclusion, Seth MacFarlane is a talented and successful creator and producer in the entertainment industry. His hard work and dedication to his craft have earned him a significant fortune, which he has used to support causes close to his heart.
Here’s a timeline of Seth MacFarlane’s life and career:
- 1973: Seth MacFarlane is born on October 26 in Kent, Connecticut.
- 1991: MacFarlane graduates from Kent School in Connecticut.
- 1995: MacFarlane graduates from the Rhode Island School of Design with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in animation.
- 1996: MacFarlane is hired by Hanna-Barbera Productions, where he works as a writer and animator on various shows.
- 1999: MacFarlane creates Family Guy, which premieres on Fox Television. He provides the voices for several characters, including Peter Griffin, Stewie Griffin, and Brian the Dog.
- 2005: MacFarlane creates the spin-off show American Dad!, which also airs on Fox.
- 2009: MacFarlane creates The Cleveland Show, another spin-off show that airs on Fox.
- 2012: MacFarlane directs and stars in the hit movie Ted, which grosses over $500 million worldwide.
- 2013: MacFarlane hosts the 85th Academy Awards ceremony.
- 2014: MacFarlane creates and stars in the television show Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, a reboot of the classic science series Cosmos: A Personal Voyage.
- 2017: MacFarlane creates and produces the television show The Orville, a science fiction comedy-drama that airs on Fox.
- 2021: MacFarlane signs a $200 million deal with NBCUniversal to create and produce new television shows and movies.
Throughout his career, MacFarlane has won several awards for his work, including several Emmy Awards and a Grammy Award. He has also been recognized for his philanthropic efforts, donating millions of dollars to various charities and causes.
5 Interesting Facts about Seth MacFarlane:
- He started performing stand-up comedy at age 10 and created his own comic strip in his teens.
- He is a licensed pilot and has flown across the country in his private jet.
- He was a writer and voice actor on the animated television show “Johnny Bravo” before creating “Family Guy“.
- MacFarlane’s voice inspired the character of Peter Griffin on “Family Guy”.
- He is a huge fan of Star Trek and has a collection of memorabilia, including a working replica of the captain’s chair from the original series.
5 Quotes from Seth MacFarlane:
- “Comedy is essentially a very narrow field; there’s only so many ways you can make people laugh doing the same thing over and over again.”
- “I’m a very liberal guy. I’m not registered to any party. I vote for the best candidate.”
- “The nice thing about animation is that you have a hundred people working on it, and it doesn’t matter if you’re having a bad day.”
- “There’s nothing wrong with being a little nervous about something. It just means you’re about to do something really, really brave.”
- “I’m very critical of myself, and I’m very critical of my work, and it’s simply a matter of putting yourself in the audience’s shoes.”