|Full Name||Eldrick Tont “Tiger” Woods|
|Birthdate||December 30, 1975|
|Birthplace||Cypress, California, United States|
|Height||6 feet 1 inch (1.85 m)|
|Weight||185 lbs (84 kg)|
|PGA Tour Wins||82|
|Net Worth||$800 million (as of 2021, Forbes)|
|Spouse||Elin Nordegren (m. 2004; div. 2010)|
Tiger Woods is one of the most famous and successful golfers in history, with an estimated net worth of $800 million. Born on December 30, 1975, in Cypress, California, Woods showed an early interest in golf and began playing competitively as a child. He quickly rose through the ranks, winning multiple amateur titles before turning professional in 1996.
Woods’ professional career has been nothing short of remarkable. He has won 15 major championships, including five Masters titles, and 82 PGA Tour events overall. Woods’ dominance on the course has earned him a legion of fans and countless accolades, including the PGA Tour’s Player of the Year award a record 11 times.
Off the course, Woods has been just as successful. He has been a shrewd businessman, earning millions through endorsement deals with major brands like Nike, Rolex, and Bridgestone. Woods has also launched his own golf course design company, TGR Design, which has designed courses around the world.
However, Woods’ personal life has not always been smooth sailing. In 2009, he was involved in a highly publicized scandal when it was revealed that he had been unfaithful to his wife. The fallout from the scandal caused Woods to take a break from golf and seek treatment for personal issues.
Despite these setbacks, Woods has continued to compete at the highest level and has remained one of the most popular and recognizable figures in sports. His incredible success on the course and his savvy business acumen have made him one of the wealthiest athletes in the world.
In addition to his golf and business ventures, Woods is also committed to philanthropy. He has established the Tiger Woods Foundation, which supports education and youth development programs in underserved communities. He has also been involved in numerous other charitable efforts, including the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund and the TGR Foundation’s COVID-19 Relief Fund.
Overall, Tiger Woods’ success on and off the course has made him one of the most influential and wealthy figures in the world of sports. Despite the ups and downs of his personal life, he remains an inspiration to millions of fans around the world.
Here is a timeline of Tiger Woods’ life and career:
- 1975: Tiger Woods is born in Cypress, California.
- 1984: Woods appears on the Mike Douglas Show and shows off his golf skills at just 8 years old.
- 1991-1996: Woods becomes the youngest player to win the U.S. Junior Amateur Championship and the youngest player to win the NCAA Championship. He turns pro in 1996.
- 1997: Woods wins his first major championship, the Masters, by a record 12 strokes. He becomes the youngest Masters champion ever at just 21 years old.
- 1999-2002: Woods wins 7 out of 11 major championships, becoming one of the most dominant golfers in history.
- 2004: Woods marries Elin Nordegren, a Swedish model and nanny.
- 2009: Woods is involved in a scandal when it is revealed that he had been unfaithful to his wife. He takes a break from golf and seeks treatment for personal issues.
- 2010: Woods and Nordegren divorce.
- 2013: Woods suffers a back injury that forces him to withdraw from several tournaments.
- 2018: Woods wins the Tour Championship, his first PGA Tour win in 5 years.
- 2019: Woods wins his fifth Masters title, completing one of the greatest comebacks in sports history.
- 2020: Woods is involved in a serious car accident that results in multiple injuries and surgeries. He undergoes a long recovery process and takes a break from golf.
Through all of his ups and downs, Tiger Woods has remained one of the most influential and successful athletes in history. His remarkable career and personal life have been closely followed by millions of fans around the world.
Here are 5 interesting facts and 5 quotes from Tiger Woods:
5 Interesting Facts:
- Tiger Woods has won 82 PGA Tour events, tied with Sam Snead for the most ever.
- In 2001, Woods became the first golfer ever to hold all four major championships at the same time.
- Woods has his own golf course design company, which has designed several courses around the world.
- He is the first athlete to earn $1 billion in career earnings, according to Forbes.
- Woods is part Thai, part African American, part Chinese, and part Native American.
- “I get to play golf for a living. What more can you ask for? Getting paid for doing what I love is pretty cool.”
- “Winning takes care of everything.”
- “I’m addicted. I’m addicted to golf.”
- “My main focus is on my game.”
- “I’m not as far along as Jack Nicklaus was at this age, but I’m trying.”