CEO, Berkshire Hathaway
$93.6 billion in 2022
Age : 92 in 2022
Birth: August 30th 1930 in Omaha , Nebraska
Source of Wealth: Berkshire Hathaway, Self Made
Residence: Omaha, Nebraska
Citizenship: United States
Education: Master of Science, Columbia University; Bachelor of Arts/Science, University of Nebraska LincolnAwards
Warren Buffett is an American investor, business magnate and philanthropist known for his success in the financial world. Born in Omaha, Nebraska in 1930, Buffett developed an interest in business and investing at a young age. He is the CEO and chairman of Berkshire Hathaway, a conglomerate that owns many companies.
As of 2021, his net worth is estimated to be over $100 billion, making him one of the richest people in the world. Despite his vast wealth, Buffett is known for his frugal lifestyle and dedication to philanthropy.
He has pledged to donate 99% of his wealth to charity, mostly through the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Buffett’s long-term approach to investing and commitment to ethical business practices have made him a highly respected figure in the financial world.
Warren Buffett’s golden rule
“Rule No. 1 is never lose money. Rule No. 2 is never forget Rule No. 1.”
- started his first business in young ages – solo candy at school and delivered the mail
- 1941: At 11 years old, Buffett buys his first stock. (He purchases six shares of Cities Service preferred stock)
- 1943: Files his first tax return at age of 13
- 1945: saves $1200 to buy a 40 acre farmland in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Buffett was rejected from Harvard Business School; he got a master’s in economics from Columbia University instead.
- Buffett still lives in the same Omaha, Nebraska, home he purchased in 1958 for $31,500.
Top Warren Buffett Stocks By Size
At the end of June, these were the top 10 Warren Buffett stocks by number of shares:
- Bank of America (BAC), 1.01 billion – worth $ 31.44 billion
- Apple (AAPL), 894.8 million – worth $ 122.33 billion
- Coca-Cola (KO), 400 million – worth $ 25.37 billion
- Kraft Heinz (KHC), 325.6 million – worth $ 12.419 billion
- Occidental Petroleum (OXY), 272.2 million – worth $ 9.34 billion
- Chevron (CVX), 161.4 million – worth $ 23.37 billion
- American Express (AXP), 151.6 million – worth $ 21.01 billion
- U.S. Bancorp (USB), 119.8 million – worth $ 5.51 billion
- Nu Holdings (NU), 107.1 million – worth $ 0.4 billion
- HP (HPQ), 104.5 million – worth $ 3.43 billion
Books or publications by Buffett:
- The Essays of Warren Buffett : Lessons for Corporate America, Warren Buffett and Lawrence A. Cunningham, The Cunningham Group; revised edition (April 11, 2001), ISBN 978-0-9664461-1-1
- The Essays of Warren Buffett: Lessons for Corporate America, Second Edition, Warren E. Buffett and Lawrence A. Cunningham, The Cunningham Group; 2nd edition (April 14, 2008), ISBN 978-0-9664461-2-8