When we think of famed American businessman, investor and philanthropist Warren Buffett, we often think of unprecedented financial success. But besides his insightful investment strategies and insightful business decisions, there is a lesser-known side to the Omaha oracle. It’s a love of candy. In this blog, Warren explores the fascinating world of sweets his Buffett enjoyed and discovers his favorite treats.
- See candy: One of Warren Buffett’s most famous confectionery investments is his See’s Candies, a maker of fine chocolates and candies. Buffett bought See’s Candies through his company Berkshire Hathaway in 1972 and has often spoken positively about the brand and its products. Known for quality chocolates, toffees and brittles, his See’s Candies offer a wide range of flavors and options to satisfy any sweet tooth. No wonder Mr. Buffett holds this iconic candy his brand in a special place in his heart.
- Cherry cola: While not strictly candy, cherry coke holds a special place in Warren Buffett’s heart. Buffett is often spotted sipping a cherry-flavoured Coca-Cola and has professed his love for sweet drinks on several occasions. A delicious treat that combines the sweet cherry flavor with the tingling sensation of Coca-Cola.
- Peanut Brittle: Peanut brittles, a classic candy made with caramelized sugar and roasted peanuts, are also Warren Buffett’s favorite treats. The crunchy texture combined with the sweetness of caramel and the nutty flavor of peanuts made for a delicious treat that captivated Buffett’s palate. Whether homemade or store-bought, peanut brittle remains one of his favorite candies.
- Deliverer: Warren Buffett shows a special affection for the popular frozen food dillie bars sold at Dairy Queen. A dillie bar consists of a bar of vanilla ice cream dipped in chocolate or another flavored topping. The combination of creamy ice cream and hard outer shell creates a delightful texture contrast that appeals to Buffett’s palate. His love of the dilliver is such that he mentions the dessert in his annual letter to shareholders, demonstrating his passion for this simple treat.
- Bridge mix: Another favorite candy of Warren Buffett is Bridge Mix. This confectionery mix typically features a mix of nuts such as cashews, almonds, and pecans, along with an assortment of chocolate-covered fruits, caramel clusters, and other delicious surprises. The different textures and flavor combinations make Bridge Mix an attractive choice for candy lovers like Buffett.
Warren’s passion for Buffett’s sweets is an interesting aspect of his personality that highlights his extravagant side. From Sees His Candies to Peanut Brittles to Dilly His Bars, his favorite treats feature a wide variety of flavors and textures. As he continues to make waves in the financial world, it’s refreshing to see that even one of the most successful investors of all time can find joy in the simple pleasures of sweet treats. So the next time you treat yourself to a piece of candy, you can enjoy knowing it could be one of Warren Buffett’s favorites.