|Born||Kansiime Kubiryaba Anne|
13 April 1986 (age 36)
Mparo, Rukiga, Uganda
|Education||Kabale Primary School |
Bweranyangi Girls’ Senior Secondary School
|Alma mater||Makerere University|
(Bachelor of Arts in Social Science)
|Occupation(s)||Entertainer, actress, comedian, writer|
|Known for||entertainment-comedy and children’s music|
|Title||“Africa’s Queen of Comedy”|
(m. 2013; div. 2017)
|Awards||Honorary recognition by the SIIKETV Rising Star Academy Awards|
the “Queen of Comedy” 2018
Comedy YouTube Sub-Saharan Africa Creator Award 2016
Outstanding Female Comedian 2016
Teeniez Funniest Comedian 2016
African Entertainment Awards USA, Best Comedian’s Award 2015
Rising Star – Comedian of the Year 2015
African Oscar Award for favorite comedian 2015
Nollywood & African People’s Choice Award for favorite comedian 2015
YouTube silver play button 2015
AIRTEL Women of Substance Awards 2014
BEFFTA 2013 (Best Comedian) Winner
Lagos International Festival 2013 (Best Actress) Winner
Social Media Awards (Favorite Celebrity) winner
African Social Awards Malaysia (ASAM) – 2013
Anne Kansiime is a renowned Ugandan comedian, actress, and writer who has achieved great success both in her home country and abroad. Born on 13th April 1987 in Kabale, Uganda, Kansiime grew up in a humble family and faced numerous challenges in her early life. Despite this, she was determined to succeed in life and pursued her passion for comedy, which has since made her one of the most successful and wealthiest comedians in Africa.
Kansiime’s rise to fame began in 2007 when she joined the Fun Factory Comedy Group in Uganda. She quickly gained recognition for her unique style of comedy, which centered around everyday life situations in Uganda, and her ability to make people laugh. Her talent soon caught the attention of the media and she began appearing on various television shows, including the popular Ugandan comedy show, “The Crackers.”
In 2014, Kansiime’s career took a major leap when she won the award for Best Comedian at the African Entertainment Awards in the United States. This recognition opened doors for her to perform in various countries around the world, including the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia. Her popularity continued to grow, and she became a household name in many African countries.
As a result of her success, Kansiime’s wealth has grown significantly over the years. She has numerous endorsement deals with companies such as MTN Uganda, DStv, and Standard Chartered Bank, which have contributed to her net worth. Additionally, she has been involved in various business ventures, including a poultry farm, a hair salon, and a boutique. She also owns a YouTube channel that has over 1 million subscribers and has been monetized to generate income.
Despite her wealth, Kansiime remains grounded and continues to use her platform to support various charitable causes. She has been involved in initiatives to support education, health, and women’s empowerment in Uganda, and has also supported causes related to animal welfare.
In conclusion, Anne Kansiime’s rise to fame and wealth is a testament to her hard work, talent, and determination. She has become a role model for many young people in Uganda and beyond and continues to inspire others with her success story.
Here is a timeline of Anne Kansiime’s life and career:
- 1987: Anne Kansiime is born on April 13th in Kabale, Uganda.
- 2007: Kansiime joins the Fun Factory Comedy Group in Uganda and begins to gain recognition for her unique style of comedy.
- 2008: Kansiime begins appearing on the popular Ugandan comedy show, “The Crackers”.
- 2013: Kansiime wins the award for Best Actress in a Comedy at the African Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards.
- 2014: Kansiime wins the award for Best Comedian at the African Entertainment Awards in the United States.
- 2015: Kansiime launches her own comedy show called “Don’t Mess with Kansiime” and begins touring internationally.
- 2017: Kansiime launches her YouTube channel, which quickly becomes one of the most popular channels in Uganda with over 1 million subscribers.
- 2018: Kansiime becomes the first African woman to host the prestigious Comedy Central Roast.
- 2019: Kansiime launches her own production company called Kansiime Anne Limited and begins producing her own shows.
- 2020: Kansiime stars in the Ugandan drama film, “Misplaced”.
- 2021: Kansiime continues to tour internationally, release new comedy skits on her YouTube channel, and advocate for charitable causes related to education, health, and women’s empowerment.
This timeline showcases Kansiime’s impressive rise to fame and success as a comedian, actress, and entrepreneur over the course of more than a decade.
5 Interesting Facts about Anne Kansiime:
- Kansiime started her career in comedy as a way to cope with the challenges she faced growing up in poverty.
- She was the first woman to win the African Entertainment Awards USA in the Best Comedian category in 2014.
- In 2015, Kansiime became the first African comedian to perform at the London Palladium.
- She has a bachelor’s degree in social sciences from Makerere University in Kampala, Uganda.
- Kansiime is a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), and has been involved in various charitable causes related to education, health, and women’s empowerment.
5 Quotes from Anne Kansiime:
- “I never imagined that my talent would take me this far, and I’m grateful for every opportunity that I’ve been given.”
- “Comedy is my passion, but it’s also a way for me to speak about the issues that matter to me and to bring joy to people’s lives.”
- “Success is not just about the money or the fame, it’s about being able to make a positive impact on the world around you.”
- “I believe that laughter is the best medicine, and I hope that my comedy can bring joy and happiness to people from all walks of life.”
- “I want to use my platform to inspire young people, especially girls, to pursue their dreams and to believe in themselves.”