Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA is a German multinational health care company that specializes in the production and distribution of medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and services. The company has a rich history that dates back over a century and has had several founders and CEOs. In this blog, we will take a closer look at all the founders and CEOs of Fresenius and their wealth.
- Eduard Fresenius: Eduard Fresenius was the founder of the company that would later become Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA. He was born in Wiesbaden, Germany, in 1874 and studied chemistry and physics. He founded the company in 1912, which initially focused on the production of laboratory equipment. Eduard Fresenius passed away in 1946.
- Else Kröner: Else Kröner was a German entrepreneur who became a co-founder of Fresenius in 1946. She was born in Frankfurt, Germany, in 1925 and started her career as a nurse. After marrying the son of Eduard Fresenius, she became involved in the family business. Else Kröner became the CEO of the company in 1971 and held the position until her death in 1988.
- Gerd Krick: Gerd Krick became the CEO of Fresenius in 1987. He was born in Germany in 1942 and had a background in finance. Under his leadership, the company expanded globally and diversified its product line. Gerd Krick retired in 2003 and passed away in 2019.
- Ulf M. Schneider: Ulf M. Schneider became the CEO of Fresenius in 2003. He was born in Germany in 1965 and had a background in finance and consulting. Under his leadership, the company continued to expand and acquired several companies. Ulf M. Schneider resigned in 2012 to join the board of directors of Nestlé.
- Dr. Ben Lipps: Dr. Ben Lipps became the CEO of Fresenius in 2003, following the resignation of Ulf M. Schneider. He was born in the United States in 1942 and had a background in chemistry and healthcare. Dr. Ben Lipps had previously held executive positions at several healthcare companies, including Abbott Laboratories and Fresenius Medical Care. Under his leadership, the company continued to grow and expand globally. He retired in 2016.
- Stephan Sturm: Stephan Sturm became the CEO of Fresenius in 2016. He was born in Germany in 1963 and had a background in law and finance. Prior to joining Fresenius, he had held executive positions at several companies, including Aventis and Deutsche Bank. Under his leadership, the company continued to expand and diversify its product line.
It is difficult to determine the exact wealth of each founder and CEO of Fresenius, as the company is privately held and does not release financial information about its executives. However, according to Forbes, the net worth of the Fresenius family was $9.3 billion in 2021. This makes them one of the richest families in Germany. The wealth of the individual founders and CEOs is not publicly known.
In conclusion, Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA is a successful and innovative healthcare company with a rich history that spans over a century. Its founders and CEOs have played a significant role in its growth and success. While the exact wealth of each founder and CEO is not publicly known, the Fresenius family is one of the richest families in Germany.