Helene von Roeder is a successful businesswoman and financier who has made significant contributions to the financial industry. She currently serves as the CEO of Credit Suisse in Germany and has played a key role in expanding the bank’s presence in the country.
Von Roeder was born in Germany in 1969 and grew up in various countries due to her father’s career as a diplomat. She received her undergraduate degree in business administration from the European Business School in Oestrich-Winkel, Germany, and later earned an MBA from INSEAD in Fontainebleau, France.
After completing her education, von Roeder worked in investment banking at various firms, including JPMorgan and Morgan Stanley. In 2002, she joined Goldman Sachs, where she spent over a decade in various leadership positions, including co-head of the Investment Banking Division for Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
In 2015, von Roeder joined Credit Suisse as the Head of Corporate Banking for Germany and Austria. She quickly rose through the ranks and was named CEO of Credit Suisse in Germany in 2019. In this role, she has been instrumental in expanding the bank’s presence in the country and increasing its market share in areas such as wealth management and corporate banking.
Von Roeder’s success in the financial industry has led to significant wealth. While her net worth is not publicly disclosed, her position as CEO of Credit Suisse in Germany suggests she is a high-earner. In addition to her professional accomplishments, von Roeder is also known for her philanthropic efforts. She serves on the board of several organizations, including the American Academy in Berlin and the Frankfurt Zoological Society.
In interviews, von Roeder has emphasized the importance of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. She has advocated for more women to pursue careers in finance and has been a vocal supporter of initiatives to promote gender equality in the industry. She has also spoken about the need for businesses to prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility, and has encouraged companies to take a long-term perspective in their decision-making.
Here’s a timeline of Helene von Roeder’s career:
- 1969: Helene von Roeder is born in Germany.
- 1992: She graduates from the European Business School in Oestrich-Winkel, Germany, with a degree in business administration.
- 1994: Von Roeder begins her career in investment banking at JPMorgan.
- 1997: She joins Morgan Stanley and works in various roles in investment banking.
- 2002: Von Roeder moves to Goldman Sachs, where she works for over a decade in various leadership positions, including co-head of the Investment Banking Division for Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
- 2015: Von Roeder joins Credit Suisse as the Head of Corporate Banking for Germany and Austria.
- 2017: She is named Head of Corporate & Investment Banking for Germany and Austria.
- 2019: Von Roeder is appointed CEO of Credit Suisse in Germany, becoming the first woman to hold the position.
- 2020: She is named one of the “100 Most Influential Women in European Finance” by Financial News.
This timeline highlights von Roeder’s progression through the financial industry and her notable achievements, including becoming the first female CEO of Credit Suisse in Germany.
Here are 5 interesting facts about Helene von Roeder:
- She grew up in a small town in Germany and initially wanted to pursue a career in archaeology before eventually choosing business.
- She is passionate about promoting diversity, sustainability, and gender equality in the workplace, and actively advocates for these issues in her role as CEO of Credit Suisse in Germany.
- Von Roeder is a member of the supervisory board of Siemens Energy AG and serves on the board of trustees of the Hertie School of Governance in Berlin.
- She has been recognized as one of the most influential women in finance, including being named to Financial News’ “100 Most Influential Women in European Finance” list in 2020.
- Von Roeder is a triathlete and has competed in several Ironman races, including the Ironman World Championship in Hawaii.
Here are 5 quotes from Helene von Roeder:
- “If you want to make progress in gender diversity, it is important to set targets and hold people accountable for delivering against them.”
- “Sustainability is not just about being green, but it’s also about making sure that we are financially sustainable for the long term.”
- “We need to create more opportunities for women and make sure that we have the right policies and processes in place to support them.”
- “I believe that diversity is essential for innovation, and that a diverse team will always come up with better solutions than a homogenous one.”
- “We need to embrace technology and innovation in order to stay ahead of the curve and continue to provide value to our clients.”