CTO And Founder, Oracle
Net worth in 2022: $ 87.5 billion
Age : 78 in 2022
Birth: August 17th 1944 in Bronx, New York City, New York, USA
Source of Wealth: software, Self Made
Citizenship: United States
Residence: Lanai, Hawaii
Salary: $41.5 million
Education: Drop Out, University of Chicago; Drop Out, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Known for: founder of software company Oracle Corporation (ORCL)
Height: 1,91m (6 ft 3 in)
Weight: 187 Ib (85kg)
Eye Color: Brown Dark
Hair Color: Brown Dark
Zodiac sign: Leo
Hobbies: Playing Golf and Tennis
- Larry Ellison was adopted when he was nine months old.
- Larry Ellison has never met his biological father.
- Larry Ellison never finished college.
- Lawrence Joseph Ellison is Jewish.
- Larry Ellison has been married four times.
- Ellison is also known for his lavish spending. For example, he bought 98% of Lana island for $300 million.
- Larry’s second wife was Nancy Wheeler Jenkins.
- Larry Ellison doesn’t owe his youthful look to plastic surgery.
- In an open letter, Larry Ellison promised to donate 95% of his wealth.
- Larry Ellison’s first job was for Ampex Corporation.
- Larry Ellison became a millionaire at the age of 42.
- As of January 2022, Larry Ellison’s net worth is over $100 billion.
- Larry Ellison was named Entrepreneur of the Year in 1990.
- Golden Plate Award of the American Academy of Achievement, 1997
- In 2013, Ellison was inducted into the Bay Area Business Hall of Fame
- In 2019, the Lawrence J. Ellison Institute for Transformative Medicine of USC honored Ellison with the first Rebels With A Cause Award in recognition of the generous support through the years
- Softwar: An Intimate Portrait of Larry Ellison and Oracle – 2003
Larry Ellison $1 Billion Real Estate Portfolio:
- Newport, Rhode Island , bought for $10.5 million (2010)
- Lake Tahoe, bought for $35.8 million (2018)
- Lanai, invested $500 million
- Carbon Beach, bought for $48 million (2017)
- Woodside, bought for $200 million (2012)
- San Francise, valued at $20 million
- Porcuoine Creek, bought for $43 million
- Palm Beach, bought for $17.5 million
- Lexus LS 600h L
- Audi R8
- McLaren F1
- Lexus LFA
- Owns two MiG-29
- “Life’s a journey. It’s a journey about discovering limits.” – Larry Ellison
- “I believe people have to follow their dreams—I did.” – Larry Ellison
- “When you live your life in different ways, it makes people around you become uncomfortable. So deal with it. They don’t know what you are going to do.” – Larry Ellison
- “You have to act and act now.” – Larry Ellison
- “If you do everything that everyone else does in business, you’re going to lose. The only way to really be ahead is to ‘be different’.” – Larry Ellison
- “When I do something, it is all about self-discovery. I want to learn and discover my own limits.” – Larry Ellison
- “When you innovate, you’ve got to be prepared for people telling you that you are nuts.” – Larry Ellison
- “You realize that life is short and fragile; and when you are facing walls of water, you understand your own mortality can change and how quickly things could change.” – Larry Ellison
- “You have to believe in what you do in order to get what you want.” – Larry Ellison
- “Great achievers are driven, not so much by the pursuit of success, but by the fear of failure.” – Larry Ellison