Larry Fink is an American business magnate and one of the wealthiest people in the world. He is the founder and CEO of BlackRock, the world’s largest asset management firm, and has been recognized for his leadership and innovation in the financial industry. He is also known for his philanthropy and advocacy for environmental and social issues. His success and philanthropy have helped to make a positive impact on the world.
Timeline of Larry Fink’s life and career is shown below:
California’s Los Angeles is the birthplace of Larry Fink in 1952.
Fink starts out in banking in 1976 as a bond trader for First Boston Corporation.
In 1984, Fink joins The Blackstone Group as a partner and establishes the firm’s fixed-income branch there.
In 1988, Fink and a few of partners co-found BlackRock.
1992: Fink takes over as CEO of BlackRock when the business goes public.
By purchasing Merrill Lynch Investment Managers in 2006, BlackRock became the world’s biggest publicly listed asset management company.
2009: Fink is selected “Person of the Year” by Financial News and is included among the top 100 global influencers by Time magazine.
These are Larry Fink’s five intriguing facts:
- Before deciding to pursue finance, Fink first explored joining the military as a Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) member at UCLA.
- After World War II, Fink’s parents — both Holocaust survivors — met in a camp for displaced people in Germany.
- Fink has been a well-known proponent of combating climate change and has urged businesses to reveal their strategies for converting to a low-carbon economy.
- Fink penned a letter to CEOs in 2020 requesting that they take into account the social and environmental effects of their organizations and aim to create a more sustainable and inclusive economy.
Here are five quotes from Larry Fink:
- “To be successful in the long run, we must consider the needs of a company’s many stakeholders, including shareholders, employees, customers, and the communities where they operate.”
- “Sustainable investing represents a fundamental reshaping of finance.”
- “The best way to predict your future is to create it.”
- “In the age of transparency, companies cannot hide behind the ‘legally compliant’ excuse for poor behavior.”
- “Climate risk is investment risk.”