Lee Sang-hyeok, also known as Faker, is a professional League of Legends player from South Korea. Born on May 7, 1996, in Seoul, Lee discovered his passion for video games at a young age. He began playing League of Legends in 2011 and quickly gained recognition for his exceptional skills.
In 2013, Lee joined SK Telecom T1, one of the most successful esports teams in the world. He quickly became the team’s star player and led them to multiple championship victories. Lee’s success in the game earned him numerous accolades, including the title of Best Mid Laner at the 2013, 2015, 2016, and 2017 League of Legends World Championships.
Lee’s talent and success have made him one of the wealthiest esports players in the world. As of 2021, his net worth is estimated to be around $4 million. This wealth has been accumulated through various sources, including tournament winnings, sponsorships, and streaming revenue.
Lee’s success has led to lucrative sponsorship deals with companies such as T1 Entertainment & Sports, SK Telecom, and Nike. He has also amassed a large following on Twitch and YouTube, where he streams his gameplay and interacts with fans.
Despite his success, Lee remains humble and focused on improving his skills in League of Legends. He is known for his dedication to the game and his team, and his passion has inspired a new generation of esports players.
In conclusion, Lee Sang-hyeok, or Faker, is one of the most successful and wealthiest esports players in the world. His talent, dedication, and passion for League of Legends have earned him numerous accolades and sponsorships, making him a true legend in the gaming world.
Here is a timeline of Lee Sang-hyeok’s life and career:
- May 7, 1996: Lee Sang-hyeok is born in Seoul, South Korea.
- 2011: Lee starts playing League of Legends.
- 2013: Lee joins SK Telecom T1, one of the most successful esports teams in the world.
- 2013: Lee leads SK Telecom T1 to win the League of Legends World Championship.
- 2015: Lee wins his second League of Legends World Championship with SK Telecom T1.
- 2016: Lee wins his third League of Legends World Championship with SK Telecom T1.
- 2017: Lee wins his fourth League of Legends World Championship with SK Telecom T1.
- 2019: Lee becomes a part-owner of T1 Entertainment & Sports.
- 2021: Lee’s net worth is estimated to be around $4 million.
- 2021: Lee continues to play for T1 and remains one of the most well-known and respected esports players in the world.
Throughout his career, Lee has been recognized for his exceptional skills and dedication to League of Legends. His success has made him one of the wealthiest and most influential esports players in the world.
5 Interesting Facts About Lee Sang-hyeok (Faker):
- He is known for his incredible ability to “outplay” his opponents in League of Legends, making him one of the most feared players in the game.
- Despite his success, Lee is known for his humble personality and his willingness to help his teammates and fans.
- Lee has a signature move in the game called the “Faker Flash,” where he uses the Flash summoner spell to dodge enemy attacks and make incredible plays.
- He is fluent in both Korean and English, making him a popular player among fans from around the world.
- Lee’s success in League of Legends has led to him being referred to as the “Michael Jordan of esports.”
5 Quotes by Lee Sang-hyeok (Faker):
- “I just want to win. I want to be the best player in the world.”
- “I don’t think about being the best. I just focus on getting better every day.”
- “I’m not special, I’m just a person who plays games well.”
- “I don’t like to lose, but losing is what makes me improve.”
- “I don’t play the game for the money or the fame. I play because I love it.”