Peter Dager “ppd” is a retired American professional esports player and entrepreneur who is widely recognized as one of the most successful Dota 2 players in the world. Born on June 28th, 1993, in the United States, Peter began his esports career playing Heroes of Newerth before transitioning to Dota 2 in 2012.
Over the years, Peter has played for several teams, including Evil Geniuses, where he served as the team’s captain and led them to victory in The International 2015, the biggest Dota 2 tournament at the time. In addition to his success on the battlefield, Peter is also a successful entrepreneur. In 2016, he founded his own esports organization, called “Evil Geniuses,” which has become one of the most successful and recognizable brands in the industry.
Under Peter’s leadership, Evil Geniuses has won multiple championships in Dota 2 and other games, solidifying its place as one of the top esports organizations in the world. In addition to his success in esports, Peter is also an investor in several technology startups and has been involved in various philanthropic endeavors, including founding the “Gamers for Good” charity organization.
Thanks to his impressive career in esports and his entrepreneurial success, Peter has built an impressive personal wealth. As of 2021, his net worth is estimated to be around $3 million, making him one of the wealthiest esports players in the world.
Despite his retirement from professional play, Peter remains active in the esports industry as a commentator and analyst, sharing his insights and knowledge with fans and enthusiasts around the world. He is widely respected for his strategic thinking, leadership skills, and dedication to the growth and development of the esports industry.
Peter Dager is a former professional Dota 2 player and team manager. Here is a timeline of his career:
- 2012: Peter Dager starts his professional gaming career with the team It’s Gosu eSports.
- 2014: Dager joins the North American team Evil Geniuses as their support player. He helps lead the team to victory at The International
5 Interesting Facts about Peter Dager:
- Peter Dager is known for being a two-time world champion in Dota 2, winning The International in 2015 and 2018 as the team captain for Evil Geniuses.
- Dager retired from professional Dota 2 play in 2018 to become a team manager for Evil Geniuses, where he helped lead the team to victory at The International in 2019.
- Dager is also known for his involvement in the North American Dota 2 scene, where he has served as a commentator, analyst, and organizer of local tournaments.
- In 2016, Dager was the subject of a feature-length documentary called “True Sight: The International 2015 Finals,” which chronicled Evil Geniuses’ victory at The International.
- Dager is an advocate for mental health awareness in the gaming community and has spoken publicly about his own struggles with depression and anxiety.
5 Quotes from Peter Dager:
- “I believe in taking risks, and sometimes that means doing something that hasn’t been done before.”
- “I think that the best way to achieve success is to surround yourself with people who are better than you and to learn from them.”
- “I think that there’s a lot of value in being a good teammate, in being someone who is reliable and trustworthy.”
- “I believe that everyone has the potential to be great, but it takes hard work and dedication to make that happen.”
- “I think that it’s important to remember that gaming is supposed to be fun. When it stops being fun, it’s time to take a step back and reevaluate.”