|Birth Date||November 1, 1995|
|Education||Hertford College, Oxford University (Philosophy|
|Known for||Creating Summly, selling it to Yahoo for $30 million|
|Venture Capital||Received VC funding at age 15|
|Awards and Honors||Forbes’ 30 under 30, Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people|
|Net Worth||$30 million (as of 2021)|
|Companies||Summly, Sphere Knowledge (YOZI AI), Hugging Face|
|Investments||Figma, Superhuman, Snapchat, among others|
Nick D’Aloisio is a British developer and entrepreneur known for creating the news summary app Summly, which he sold to Yahoo! when he was only 17 years old. Born on November 1, 1995 in London, England, he showed computer programming at an early age.
At the age of 12, Nick created his first iPhone app, a simple tool for tracking homework. He continued to develop and publish software throughout his teenage years, eventually creating Summly, a news app that used machine learning algorithms to condense news articles into short snippets that can be easily accessed on mobile devices.
In 2013, when Nick was just 17 years old, Yahoo! bought Summly for a reported $30 million, making Nick one of tech’s youngest self-made millionaires. Following the acquisition, Nick joined Yahoo! as its youngest employee who worked on various projects in the company.
In 2015, Nick left Yahoo! founded his company called Sphere Knowledge with the goal of developing a new type of search engine that used natural language processing and machine learning to provide users with more personalized search results. The company was later renamed “YOZI AI” and focused on developing conversational AI technology for businesses.
Nick D’Aloisio’s net worth is estimated to be around $30 million as of 2021, mostly from the sale of Summly to Yahoo! and his later entrepreneurial ventures. He remains an active investor and advisor in the technology industry and has been recognized for his contributions to the industry by Forbes 30 Under 30 and Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People. Nick’s success story is a testament to the power of youth innovation and entrepreneurship in the technology industry. Despite her young age, she has made a lasting impact on the industry and continues to inspire young people around the world to pursue their passions and dreams.
1995 – Nick D’Aloisio is born on November 1st in London, England.
2007 – Nick creates his first iPhone app, a tool for tracking homework assignments.
2011 – Nick begins working on Summly, a news summarization app that uses machine learning algorithms to condense news articles into short summaries.
2012 – Summly is launched and quickly gains popularity, attracting investment from high-profile individuals such as Ashton Kutcher and Stephen Fry.
2013 – Yahoo! acquires Summly for a reported $30 million, making Nick one of the youngest self-made millionaires in the tech industry at the age of 17.
2013-2015 – Nick joins Yahoo! as its youngest employee and works on a range of projects within the company.
2015 – Nick leaves Yahoo! to start his own company, Sphere Knowledge, which later becomes YOZI AI, an AI-powered conversational technology company.
2018 – YOZI AI is acquired by Hugging Face, a natural language processing startup.
2021 – Nick’s net worth is estimated to be around $30 million, and he continues to be an active investor and advisor in the tech industry.
5 Interesting Facts about Nick D’Aloisio:
- He started coding at the age of 12 and was largely self-taught.
- Nick was the youngest person to receive a round of venture capital funding at the age of 15.
- He has been featured in Forbes’ 30 under 30 list and Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people.
- Nick is a keen investor and has made early investments in companies such as Figma, Superhuman and Snapchat.
- He is a graduate of Hertford College, Oxford University, where he studied Philosophy and Computer Science.
5 Quotes from Nick D’Aloisio:
- “Don’t be afraid to take risks. If you don’t try, you’ll never know what’s possible.”
- “I never planned to be an entrepreneur, but when I saw the opportunity to create something that could change the world, I had to go for it.”
- “Success is not a destination, it’s a journey. It’s about constantly learning and growing.”
- “Investing is about finding the right people and supporting them in their vision.”
- “Innovation is not about coming up with the biggest idea, it’s about solving a problem that people care about.”