Princess Birgitta of Sweden was born January 19, 1937, and is the second daughter of Prince Gustaf Adolf and Princess Sibylla of Sweden. Her net worth is not publicly disclosed, but she has been active in charitable work and is the patron of several organizations. She married Prince Johann Georg of Hohenzollern in 1961 and divorced in 1990.
1937 – Birgitta of Sweden is born on January 19, at Haga Palace in Stockholm, Sweden.
1956-1957 – Birgitta completes her education at the Lyceum School in Stockholm and then attends a Swiss finishing school.
1961 – Princess Birgitta marries Prince Johann Georg of Hohenzollern.
1962 – The couple’s first child, Prince Carl Christian, is born.
1963 – Princess Désirée is born, followed by Prince Hubertus in 1966.
1972 – Princess Birgitta and Prince Johann Georg purchase a property on the island of Mallorca, Spain.
1990 – Princess Birgitta and Prince Johann Georg divorce after 29 years of marriage.
2005 – Birgitta’s mother, Princess Sibylla, passes away.
2013 – Princess Birgitta’s brother, King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden, celebrates his 40th anniversary on the throne.
2023 – Princess Birgitta turns 86 years old.
5 interesting facts of her
- She is the sister of Sweden’s King Carl XVI Gustaf.
- Princess Birgitta is a multilingual woman who speaks German, English, French, and Swedish with ease.
- She enjoys riding horses and has previously competed in equestrian competitions.
- Princess Birgitta enjoys the arts and is a skilled painter.
- In addition to the Swedish Girl Guides and the Swedish Women’s Voluntary Defense Organization, she serves as the patron of several humanitarian organizations.
Here are 5 quotes from Princess Birgitta:
- “Charity work has always been very important to me, and I’m grateful for the opportunities to give back.”
- “I think it’s important to stay true to yourself and your values, no matter what the circumstances.”
- “I have always been passionate about art, and I find painting to be a wonderful way to express myself creatively.”
- “Horses have been a lifelong love of mine, and I find great joy in riding and competing with them.”
- “Family is the most important thing in my life, and I am blessed to have such a close and supportive family.”