|Born on||December 27, 1965 (age 57)|
|Birth||Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Occupation||Actor, producer, television personality, painter|
|Years active||1988 – present|
|Net worth||$360 million USD (estimated as of 2023)|
|Notable films||Maine Pyar Kiya, Karan Arjun, Hum Aapke Hain Koun!, Tere Naam, Dabangg, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Sultan|
|Awards||2 National Film Awards, 15 Filmfare Awards, 1 Screen Award, 1 Zee Cine Award, 2 IIFA Awards, 3 Stardust Awards, and others|
|Philanthropy||Founder of Being Human Foundation, supports various charitable causes including education and healthcare for the underprivileged|
|Controversies||Arrested for hunting and killing two blackbucks in 1998, convicted and acquitted in various cases of hit-and-run and poaching|
|Social media||Instagram: @beingsalmankhan (51.4 million followers), Twitter: @BeingSalmanKhan (43.5 million followers), Facebook: @BeingSalmanKhan (36 million followers)|
Salman Khan is one of the most successful actors in the Indian film industry. Born on December 27, 1965, in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India, he is the eldest son of the celebrated screenwriter Salim Khan and his first wife, Sushila Charak. Salman Khan’s family background is deeply rooted in the film industry, and his father Salim Khan is renowned for penning some of the biggest hits in Bollywood history.
Salman Khan made his acting debut in 1988 with the movie “Biwi Ho To Aisi,” but it was his second film, “Maine Pyar Kiya,” that turned him into an overnight sensation. Since then, he has acted in numerous Bollywood films, becoming one of the most bankable and sought-after actors in the industry. Salman Khan is known for his larger-than-life roles, his chiseled physique, and his magnetic on-screen presence. Some of his most popular films include “Hum Aapke Hain Koun,” “Karachi,” “Dabangg,” and “Bajrangi Bhaijaan.”
Salman Khan’s wealth is a topic of much discussion and speculation. He has been listed multiple times among the richest celebrities in India, with an estimated net worth of over $310 million (USD) as of 2021. The majority of his wealth comes from his film career, with Salman Khan charging a hefty fee per film. He is also a successful producer and has produced several hit movies under his banner, Salman Khan Films.
Aside from his film career, Salman Khan is also a successful television host. He has hosted several seasons of the popular reality show “Bigg Boss,” for which he reportedly charges a staggering sum per episode. In addition, Salman Khan is a successful entrepreneur, with several business ventures to his name. He has his own brand of clothing and jewelry, as well as a line of bicycles and fitness equipment.
Despite his immense wealth, Salman Khan is known for his philanthropic work. He has founded the Being Human Foundation, which supports various charitable causes such as education and healthcare. The foundation has also been involved in disaster relief efforts, helping those affected by natural disasters such as floods and earthquakes.
In conclusion, Salman Khan is a legendary figure in the Indian film industry, with a net worth of over $310 million. He has achieved immense success as an actor, producer, television host, and entrepreneur, and his wealth is a testament to his talent and hard work. Despite his success, Salman Khan remains grounded and committed to giving back to society through his philanthropic work.
Here’s a timeline of significant events in Salman Khan’s life and career:
1965 – Salman Khan is born in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
1988 – Salman Khan makes his acting debut in the film “Biwi Ho To Aisi”
1989 – His second film, “Maine Pyar Kiya,” becomes a blockbuster hit and establishes him as a leading actor in Bollywood
1994 – Salman Khan stars in the critically acclaimed film “Hum Aapke Hain Koun,” which becomes one of the highest-grossing Bollywood films of all time
1998 – Salman Khan is arrested for hunting and killing two blackbucks in Rajasthan, India
2002 – Salman Khan stars in the film “Tere Naam,” which earns him critical acclaim for his performance
2007 – Salman Khan hosts the second season of the popular reality show “Bigg Boss”
2010 – Salman Khan produces and stars in the film “Dabangg,” which becomes a massive commercial success and earns him his first Filmfare Award for Best Actor
2011 – Salman Khan launches the Being Human Foundation to support various charitable causes
2015 – Salman Khan hosts the ninth season of “Bigg Boss”
2016 – Salman Khan stars in the film “Sultan,” which becomes one of the highest-grossing Bollywood films of all time
2018 – Salman Khan hosts the twelfth season of “Bigg Boss”
2020 – Salman Khan produces and stars in the film “Radhe: Your Most Wanted Bhai,” which releases on digital platforms due to the COVID-19 pandemic
2021 – Salman Khan’s estimated net worth surpasses $310 million, making him one of the wealthiest celebrities in India
This timeline highlights some of the key moments in Salman Khan’s life and career, including his rise to stardom, legal troubles, philanthropic work, and ongoing success in the Indian film industry.
5 Interesting Facts About Salman Khan:
- Salman Khan is a black belt in karate and is known for performing his own stunts in his films.
- He suffers from a nerve disorder called Trigeminal Neuralgia, which causes severe pain in the face.
- Salman Khan has been involved in numerous charitable activities, including donating to cancer patients and building a children’s ward at a hospital in Mumbai.
- He is an avid painter and has even held art exhibitions to showcase his work.
- Salman Khan is known for his love of cycling and often goes on long rides in Mumbai.
5 Quotes From Salman Khan:
- “Success is not a destination, but the road that you’re on. Being successful means that you’re working hard and walking your walk every day. You can only live your dream by working hard towards it. That’s living your dream.”
- “I do have a lot of anger, but I don’t think I carry the baggage of it.”
- “The older you get, the better you have to look, the higher you have to kick, the harder you have to work.”
- “I’m unpredictable, I never know where I’m going until I get there, I’m so random, I’m always growing, learning, changing, I’m never the same person twice. But one thing you can be sure of about me; is I will always do exactly what I want to do.”
- “My biggest weakness is that I’m extremely lazy and that I get bored very easily. I have to be doing something constantly or I’m miserable.”