|Full Name||Amitabh Harivansh Rai Bachchan|
|Date of Birth||October 11, 1942|
|Place of Birth||Allahabad, India|
|Occupation||Actor, Producer, TV Host, Former Politician|
|Net Worth||$400 million|
|Years Active||1969 – present|
|Spouse||Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan (married in 1973)|
|Children||Shweta Bachchan Nanda, Abhishek Bachchan|
|Awards||National Film Award (Best Actor), Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan, Padma Vibhushan, Knight of the Legion of Honour, Lifetime Achievement Award (Filmfare), Lifetime Achievement Award (Screen)|
|Famous Films||Sholay, Deewar, Zanjeer, Amar Akbar Anthony, Kabhi Kabhie, Don, Coolie|
|Social Profiles||Twitter (@SrBachchan), Instagram (@amitabhbachchan), Facebook (Amitabh Bachchan Official)|
Amitabh Bachchan is a legendary Indian film actor, producer, and television host who is considered one of the greatest actors in the history of Indian cinema. He was born on October 11, 1942, in Allahabad, India, to renowned Hindi poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan and Teji Bachchan.
Bachchan started his career in Bollywood in the late 1960s, and his breakthrough performance came in the 1971 film “Anand”. He went on to become one of the most successful actors of the 1970s and 1980s, starring in iconic films such as “Deewar”, “Sholay”, “Zanjeer”, “Amar Akbar Anthony”, and “Don”. His towering height, deep baritone voice, and intense performances made him a superstar, and he became known as the “angry young man” of Hindi cinema.
In addition to acting, Bachchan has also been a successful film producer and television host. He hosted the popular game show “Kaun Banega Crorepati” (the Indian version of “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?”) for several seasons and has been a part of many other TV shows.
Bachchan’s wealth is estimated to be around $400 million, making him one of the wealthiest actors in the world. He has earned his fortune through his successful acting career, brand endorsements, and investments in real estate and other businesses. He also owns a production company, Amitabh Bachchan Corporation Limited, which has produced several successful films.
Bachchan has been a philanthropist throughout his career and has donated large sums of money to various charitable causes. He has supported organizations working for the betterment of underprivileged children, education, and healthcare. In 2013, he was named the UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for Polio Eradication.
Bachchan’s legacy in Indian cinema and his contributions to the entertainment industry have been recognized with numerous awards and honors. He has won several National Film Awards and Filmfare Awards and was awarded the Padma Shri in 1984, the Padma Bhushan in 2001, and the Padma Vibhushan in 2015, which are some of the highest civilian awards in India.
In conclusion, Amitabh Bachchan is not only a legendary actor but also a successful businessman and philanthropist. His wealth is a reflection of his talent, hard work, and business acumen, and his contributions to society have made him a beloved figure in India and around the world.
Here’s a timeline of the life and career of Amitabh Bachchan:
- 1942: Born on October 11 in Allahabad, India to Harivansh Rai Bachchan and Teji Bachchan.
- 1969: Makes his debut in Bollywood with the film “Saat Hindustani”.
- 1971: Breakthrough performance in the film “Anand”.
- 1973: Becomes a superstar with the success of the films “Zanjeer” and “Deewar”.
- 1975: Stars in the blockbuster film “Sholay”.
- 1982: Survives a near-fatal accident on the set of the film “Coolie”.
- 1984: Awarded the Padma Shri, one of the highest civilian awards in India.
- 1985: Marries actress Jaya Bhaduri.
- 1997: Makes his Hollywood debut in the film “The Great Gatsby”.
- 2000: Hosts the first season of the popular game show “Kaun Banega Crorepati”.
- 2001: Awarded the Padma Bhushan, another one of the highest civilian awards in India.
- 2005: Receives the Lifetime Achievement Award at the National Film Awards.
- 2013: Named the UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for Polio Eradication.
- 2015: Awarded the Padma Vibhushan, the third highest civilian award in India.
- 2020: Recovers from COVID-19 after testing positive for the virus.
Throughout his career, Amitabh Bachchan has acted in over 200 films, produced several successful films, hosted popular TV shows, and has been a philanthropist supporting various charitable causes. His contributions to Indian cinema have earned him the title of the “Shahenshah” (Emperor) of Bollywood.
5 Interesting Facts About Amitabh Bachchan:
- Amitabh Bachchan’s real surname is Srivastava, but his father changed it to Bachchan, which means “childlike” in Hindi.
- He was once rejected by All India Radio because of his deep baritone voice.
- In 1984, he suffered a near-fatal accident on the set of the film “Coolie”.
- He is a vegetarian and has been promoting vegetarianism for many years.
- Amitabh Bachchan was the first Indian actor to be featured in Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in London.
5 Quotes from Amitabh Bachchan:
- “I can talk English, I can walk English, I can laugh English because English is a very funny language.”
- “I have failed many times, and that’s why I am a success.”
- “The only thing constant in life is change.”
- “I don’t spend much time looking back at what happened. I do remember it, but I don’t see any purpose of wanting to look back.”
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”