|Birthdate||October 4, 1947|
|Occupation||Businessman, former chairman of H&M|
|Net worth||US$19.6 billion (as of 2021)|
|Company||Hennes & Mauritz AB (H&M)|
|Position held||Chairman (1982-1998), Member of Board of Directors|
|Philanthropy||Persson family’s foundation supports various causes|
Stefan Persson is a Swedish billionaire businessman and the former chairman of H&M, one of the largest fashion retailers in the world. He was born on October 4, 1947, in Stockholm, Sweden. He is the son of Erling Persson, the founder of H&M. Stefan took over the business from his father in 1982 and grew it into a global retail empire.
Stefan Persson has an estimated net worth of $20.1 billion as of 2021, according to Forbes. He is one of the richest people in Sweden and Europe.
Under Stefan Persson’s leadership, H&M expanded rapidly, opening stores in countries around the world. He also introduced new product lines and expanded the company’s online presence. During his tenure as chairman, the company’s revenue grew from $1.5 billion to over $25 billion.
Stefan Persson is known for his philanthropy and has donated large sums of money to various causes, including education, research, and the environment. He is also a supporter of the arts and has donated to museums and cultural institutions.
In addition to his work with H&M, Stefan Persson is involved in several other businesses and ventures. He is the founder of the investment company Ramsbury Invest AB, which has holdings in various industries including real estate, finance, and technology.
Stefan Persson is a private individual and does not give many interviews or public appearances. He is married with three children and lives in Stockholm, Sweden.
Despite his immense wealth, Stefan Persson is known for his down-to-earth personality and frugal lifestyle. He reportedly drives an old Volvo and is often seen taking public transportation.
Overall, Stefan Persson is a successful businessman and philanthropist who has made significant contributions to the fashion industry and society at large. His vision and leadership have helped build H&M into one of the most successful and recognized fashion brands in the world.
Here’s a timeline of Stefan Persson’s life and career:
- 1947: Stefan Persson is born on October 4th in Sweden.
- 1972: After earning a degree in business, Persson begins working for his father’s company, Hennes & Mauritz (H&M).
- 1982: Persson becomes the CEO of H&M following his father’s retirement.
- 1986: H&M goes public on the Stockholm Stock Exchange.
- 2009: Persson steps down as CEO of H&M, but remains chairman of the board.
- 2010: Persson is ranked the fourth-richest person in Europe by Forbes.
- 2019: Forbes estimates Persson’s net worth to be $16.2 billion.
Note: This timeline is not comprehensive and is intended only as a brief overview of Persson’s life and career.
5 Interesting Facts:
- Stefan Persson is the third richest person in Sweden, with a net worth of over $20 billion.
- He is the former chairman of H&M, the popular fast-fashion retailer that was founded by his father in 1947.
- In addition to his work at H&M, Persson is also a prominent philanthropist and has donated millions of dollars to education and healthcare causes.
- He is a well-known art collector and owns a private museum in Stockholm.
- Persson is known for being notoriously private and avoiding the public eye.
- “I am a retailer at heart, and my philosophy has always been to offer fashion and quality at the best price.”
- “At H&M, we are always trying to find ways to be more sustainable and responsible in our operations.”
- “Education is the foundation of our society and the key to our future success.”
- “Art is a way to communicate and express oneself, and it has the power to inspire and enrich our lives.”
- “I believe that businesses have a responsibility to contribute to society and to make a positive impact on the world around us.”