|Born||April 6, 1948 |
New York, New York
|Education||U.S. Naval Academy (B.S.)|
University of Virginia (M.B.A.)
|Employers||Wake Forest University (2008-2014)|
|Board member of||The Cooper Institute 2003-present|
Johnson & Johnson 2003-2007
American Express 2007-2015
Marriott International 2007-Present
|Spouse||Gail T. Reinemund|
Steve Reinemund is an American businessman and former CEO of PepsiCo, known for his exceptional leadership skills and business acumen. He was born on April 6, 1948, in Columbus, Ohio, USA.
Reinemund started his career with the United States Marine Corps, where he served for six years, rising to the rank of captain. After leaving the military, he went on to earn an MBA from the University of Virginia’s Darden Graduate School of Business.
In 1979, Reinemund joined PepsiCo as a sales representative and quickly climbed the ranks within the company. He held various senior leadership roles, including president and CEO of Frito-Lay North America, before being appointed CEO of PepsiCo in 2001.
As CEO of PepsiCo, Reinemund oversaw the company’s global expansion and diversification, making it one of the world’s largest food and beverage companies. He introduced healthier options to the company’s product line, such as the “Smart Spot” program, which identified healthier food and drink choices for consumers.
During his tenure as CEO, Reinemund’s wealth increased significantly. According to Forbes, his net worth peaked at $260 million in 2006, making him one of the wealthiest executives in the United States. He was also one of the highest-paid CEOs in the country, with an annual salary of over $8 million.
After retiring from PepsiCo in 2006, Reinemund became a professor of leadership at Wake Forest University’s School of Business. He also served on the boards of several large corporations, including Walmart and ExxonMobil.
In addition to his business success, Reinemund has been recognized for his philanthropic efforts. He and his wife, Liz, have donated millions of dollars to various charities, including the United Way and the Boy Scouts of America.
Overall, Steve Reinemund’s exceptional leadership skills and strategic vision propelled him to the top of the business world and helped him amass a significant amount of wealth. His legacy continues to inspire young entrepreneurs and business leaders around the world.
Here is a timeline of Steve Reinemund’s life and career:
- 1948: Steve Reinemund is born on April 6 in Columbus, Ohio, USA.
- 1966-1972: Reinemund serves in the United States Marine Corps, rising to the rank of captain.
- 1972-1975: He attends the University of Virginia’s Darden Graduate School of Business, earning his MBA.
- 1975: Reinemund joins PepsiCo as a sales representative.
- 1984: He becomes president and CEO of Pizza Hut.
- 1992: Reinemund becomes president and CEO of Frito-Lay North America.
- 2001: He is appointed CEO of PepsiCo.
- 2006: Reinemund retires from PepsiCo and becomes a professor of leadership at Wake Forest University’s School of Business.
- 2007: He is appointed to the board of directors for Walmart.
- 2010: Reinemund is elected to the board of directors for ExxonMobil.
- 2011: He becomes the dean of Wake Forest University’s School of Business.
- 2014: Reinemund steps down as dean of Wake Forest University’s School of Business.
- 2015: He is appointed as the executive in residence at Wake Forest University’s School of Business.
- 2017: Reinemund announces his retirement as the executive in residence at Wake Forest University’s School of Business.
5 Interesting Facts about Steve Reinemund:
- Reinemund served in the U.S. Marine Corps for six years before joining PepsiCo.
- He led PepsiCo through a major restructuring that resulted in the creation of the company’s three divisions: PepsiCo Americas Foods, PepsiCo Americas Beverages, and PepsiCo International.
- Reinemund is a former chairman of the Business Roundtable, a group of CEOs of major U.S. corporations.
- He is an avid golfer and has played with several famous golfers, including Tiger Woods.
- Reinemund and his wife Liz have donated millions of dollars to charities, including the United Way and the Boy Scouts of America.
5 Quotes from Steve Reinemund:
- “The role of a leader is to inspire, guide, and encourage those around you to achieve their full potential and to do great things.”
- “Success is not just about achieving financial results, it’s also about making a positive impact on the world around you.”
- “The most important thing in business is to build strong relationships with your employees, customers, and partners.”
- “I believe that businesses have a responsibility to give back to the communities in which they operate.”
- “Leadership is not about being the boss, it’s about serving others and helping them to succeed.”