|Birth name||Nassibu Abdul|
|Born||2 October 1989 |
Tandale, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Warner Music Group
Warner Music South Africa
|Website||Diamond Platnumz on Twitter|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches|
Diamond Platnumz is a Tanzanian musician, songwriter, and dancer who is known for his unique style of music that blends traditional Tanzanian music with contemporary pop, hip hop, and R&B. He was born on October 2, 1989, in Tandale, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and his real name is Nasibu Abdul Juma.
Diamond Platnumz started his music career in 2009, and in 2010, he became the first Tanzanian musician to sign a recording deal with a major international label, Sony Music. His debut single, “Kamwambie,” was a huge success, and it paved the way for his subsequent hits such as “Mbagala,” “Number One,” and “Nasema Nawe.” Diamond Platnumz has collaborated with numerous international musicians such as Rick Ross, Omarion, and Ne-Yo, and he has won several awards including the MTV Africa Music Award for Best Live Act in 2016 and 2017.
In addition to his music career, Diamond Platnumz is also a successful entrepreneur. He owns several businesses including a record label, a TV and radio station, a clothing line, and a perfume line. He also owns several properties in Tanzania, including a multi-million-dollar mansion in Dar es Salaam.
Diamond Platnumz’s net worth is estimated to be around $7 million, and he is one of the richest musicians in Africa. He has earned his wealth through his music career, his businesses, and his endorsement deals with brands such as Coca-Cola and Vodacom.
Despite his success, Diamond Platnumz has faced some controversies in his personal life. He has been involved in several high-profile relationships, and he has been criticized for his behavior towards women. Nonetheless, he remains a beloved figure in Tanzania and across the African continent, and his music continues to inspire and entertain millions of fans around the world.
Here is a timeline of some of the key events in the life and career of Diamond Platnumz:
- 1989: Nasibu Abdul Juma (Diamond Platnumz) is born on October 2 in Tandale, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- 2009: Diamond Platnumz begins his music career and releases his debut single, “Nenda Kamwambie”.
- 2010: He becomes the first Tanzanian musician to sign a recording deal with a major international label, Sony Music.
- 2012: Diamond Platnumz releases his breakthrough single, “Number One”, which becomes a hit in Tanzania and across East Africa.
- 2014: He releases his debut album, “Lala Salama”, which features collaborations with several East African musicians.
- 2015: Diamond Platnumz wins several awards at the Tanzania Music Awards, including Song of the Year for “Nasema Nawe”.
- 2016: He collaborates with American rapper Rick Ross on the single “Waka Waka”.
- 2017: Diamond Platnumz releases his second album, “A Boy From Tandale”, which features collaborations with several international musicians including Ne-Yo, Omarion, and Tiwa Savage.
- 2018: He launches his clothing line, Chibu Perfume, and Wasafi TV and Radio stations.
- 2020: Diamond Platnumz releases his third album, “Twice as Tall”, which features collaborations with several African musicians, including Davido and Sauti Sol.
- 2021: He wins the MTV Africa Music Award for Best Male Artist for the third time and releases his hit single “IYO” featuring Focalistic and Mapara A Jazz.
Diamond Platnumz’s career has been characterized by a string of hit songs, collaborations with international artists, and successful business ventures. Despite facing some controversies and criticism over his personal life, he remains a beloved figure in Tanzania and across the African continent.
5 Interesting Facts About Diamond Platnumz:
- He is the most followed East African musician on social media, with millions of followers on platforms like Instagram and Twitter.
- Diamond Platnumz is fluent in several languages, including Swahili, English, and French.
- He is a philanthropist and has donated to several charitable causes in Tanzania, including supporting children’s education and healthcare.
- Diamond Platnumz is a father of four children, with three different women.
- He has won numerous awards for his music, including the BET Award for Best International Act: Africa in 2015 and 2016.
5 Quotes from Diamond Platnumz:
- “My music is my therapy, my outlet, my way of expressing myself.”
- “I never give up on my dreams, no matter how impossible they may seem.”
- “I believe that hard work, dedication, and persistence can help anyone achieve their goals.”
- “Success is not just about making money, it’s about making a positive impact on the world.”
- “I want to use my platform to inspire young people in Tanzania and across Africa to dream big and work hard to achieve their goals.”