Lin Bin is a Chinese entrepreneur and billionaire who was born on August 13, 1967, in Shantou, Guangdong, China. He is the co-founder and vice-chairman of Xiaomi Corporation, one of the leading technology companies in China.
Lin Bin began his career in the tech industry in the early 1990s. He worked for Microsoft China as an engineer and later became the general manager of Microsoft’s China Research and Development Group. He also worked for Google China as the vice president of engineering.
In 2010, Lin Bin co-founded Xiaomi Corporation with Lei Jun. Xiaomi quickly gained popularity for its affordable smartphones with high-end features, and it soon became the world’s fourth-largest smartphone manufacturer. As of 2021, Lin Bin’s net worth was estimated to be around $10.3 billion, primarily derived from his holdings in Xiaomi Corporation.
In addition to his work with Xiaomi, Lin Bin is also a philanthropist and has donated substantial amounts of his wealth to various causes. He has been recognized for his contributions to the tech industry, receiving awards such as the China Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award and the Outstanding Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
Despite his enormous success, Lin Bin remains focused on innovation and is known for his technical expertise and leadership skills. He is widely respected in the tech industry for his entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to providing high-quality products at affordable prices.
Here is a timeline of Lin Bin’s life and career:
- August 13, 1967: Lin Bin is born in Shantou, Guangdong, China.
- Early 1990s: Lin Bin begins his career in the tech industry, working for Microsoft China as an engineer.
- 2000s: Lin Bin becomes the general manager of Microsoft’s China Research and Development Group and later the vice president of engineering at Google China.
- 2010: Lin Bin co-founds Xiaomi Corporation with Lei Jun, becoming the company’s vice-chairman.
- 2011: Xiaomi launches its first smartphone, the Xiaomi Mi 1.
- 2013: Xiaomi becomes the world’s fifth-largest smartphone manufacturer.
- 2018: Xiaomi becomes the world’s fourth-largest smartphone manufacturer.
- 2021: Lin Bin’s net worth is estimated to be around $10.3 billion, making him one of the richest people in China.
Throughout his career, Lin Bin has been recognized for his technical expertise, leadership skills, and contributions to the tech industry. He remains an influential figure at Xiaomi Corporation and continues to drive innovation and growth for the company.
5 Interesting Facts about Lin Bin:
- Lin Bin was a student at Sun Yat-sen University, where he studied electronic engineering.
- He has over 20 years of experience in the tech industry, including stints at Microsoft and Google.
- In addition to his work with Xiaomi, Lin Bin has served as a venture partner at GSR Ventures and as an angel investor in several successful Chinese startups.
- Lin Bin is a member of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference, a political advisory body in China.
- Lin Bin is an avid runner and has participated in several marathons.
5 Quotes from Lin Bin:
- “As a company, we believe in innovation and making technology accessible to everyone.”
- “We always aim to provide the best possible user experience for our customers.”
- “In the tech industry, innovation is the key to success.”
- “We are committed to making high-quality products that are affordable for everyone.”
- “At Xiaomi, we believe in being socially responsible and giving back to the community.”