|Born||1 June 1973 (age 49)|
Bergisch Gladbach, West Germany
|Spouse(s)||Ric Pipino (m. 1997; div. 2002)|
Seal (m. 2005; div. 2014)
Tom Kaulitz (m. 2019)
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9+1⁄2 in)|
|Agency||Creative Artists Agency (New York)|
d’management group (Milan)
Heidi Klum is a German-American supermodel, television host, producer, and entrepreneur. She was born on June 1, 1973, in Bergisch Gladbach, a town in the North Rhine-Westphalia state of Germany. Klum is best known for her work as a Victoria’s Secret Angel and as the host and executive producer of the reality competition series “Project Runway.”
Klum began her modeling career at the age of 18 after winning a modeling competition in her hometown. She then moved to New York City, where she quickly gained attention from fashion designers and photographers. In 1997, Klum became a Victoria’s Secret Angel and was one of the most recognizable faces of the brand for several years.
In addition to her modeling career, Klum has also found success as a television host and producer. She has hosted several seasons of “Project Runway,” a reality competition series that showcases up-and-coming fashion designers. Klum has also appeared as a judge on the reality competition series “America’s Got Talent” and “Germany’s Next Top Model.”
Klum’s success in modeling and television has led to significant wealth. According to Forbes, Klum’s net worth is estimated at $90 million as of 2021. She has earned her fortune through a combination of modeling contracts, television appearances, and business ventures.
Klum has launched several successful business ventures, including a lingerie line for Victoria’s Secret and a swimwear line for her own brand, Heidi Klum Intimates. She has also released several fragrances, jewelry collections, and a line of maternity clothes. Klum has been recognized for her business success, receiving the Entrepreneur of the Year Award from the German-American Chamber of Commerce in 2018.
In addition to her professional achievements, Klum is also known for her philanthropic work. She has supported several charitable organizations, including UNICEF and amfAR, the Foundation for AIDS Research. Klum has also been involved in disaster relief efforts, including raising funds for Hurricane Katrina and Superstorm Sandy.
Overall, Heidi Klum is a highly successful and influential figure in the fashion and entertainment industries. Her wealth is a reflection of her talent, hard work, and entrepreneurial spirit, as well as her dedication to giving back to those in need.
- June 1, 1973: Heidi Klum is born in Bergisch Gladbach, Germany.
- 1991: Klum enters a modeling contest and wins, which launches her modeling career.
- 1992: Klum moves to the United States to pursue modeling opportunities in New York City.
- 1997: Klum becomes a Victoria’s Secret Angel, which helps establish her as a top model in the industry.
- 2004: Klum marries the musician Seal, with whom she has three children. They later divorce in 2014.
- 2004: Klum hosts the first season of “Project Runway,” which becomes a popular reality competition show on Bravo.
- 2006: Klum launches a fashion line for Victoria’s Secret called “The Heidi Klum Collection.”
- 2009: Klum becomes a naturalized citizen of the United States.
- 2011: Klum launches her own lingerie line, Heidi Klum Intimates, which is sold in department stores and online.
- 2013: Klum becomes a judge on the reality competition show “America’s Got Talent.”
- 2015: Klum hosts the reality competition show “Project Runway Junior,” which features young designers.
- 2017: Klum launches a clothing line for German supermarket Lidl, which includes affordable and stylish pieces.
- 2018: Klum becomes engaged to Tom Kaulitz, a musician from the band Tokio Hotel. They later marry in 2019.
- 2019: Klum returns to host “Project Runway” on Bravo after a two-year hiatus.
- 2020: Klum and Kaulitz launch a vegan skincare line called “Tyme,” which includes serums and moisturizers.
- 2021: Klum’s net worth is estimated at $90 million, making her one of the wealthiest models in the world.
Interessting 5 Facts
- She has a passion for Halloween: Heidi Klum is known for throwing elaborate Halloween parties, and she spends months planning her costume for the event. Her costumes are always impressive, and she has dressed up as everything from a werewolf to Jessica Rabbit.
- She is multilingual: Klum speaks German, English, and Italian fluently, and she has also demonstrated proficiency in French and Spanish.
- She was a successful businesswoman before becoming a model: Before entering the modeling industry, Klum worked as a fashion designer for several years. She also briefly worked as a hairdresser and makeup artist.
- She holds a Guinness World Record: In 2008, Klum broke the Guinness World Record for the most costume changes in a single fashion show. She changed outfits 12 times in just under two minutes while hosting the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
- She is a dedicated philanthropist: Klum has been involved in numerous charitable endeavors throughout her career, including working with UNICEF and amfAR to raise awareness and funds for global issues. She also supports children’s hospitals and has donated to disaster relief efforts.
Top 5 Quotes
- “In fashion, one day you’re in, and the next day you’re out.”
- “I’ve been fortunate enough to work with all different levels of designers, from the very high-end ones to the ones who are just starting out.”
- “I’m a very spontaneous person. When I see something that I love, I just buy it. And then I figure out when I’ll wear it later.”
- “I’ve always believed that if you work hard, you can achieve anything you want. And I truly believe that the harder you work, the greater the rewards.”
- “I try to take care of myself, eating right and exercising, but I’m not a slave to it.”