Johan “N0tail” Sundstein is a Danish professional esports player and entrepreneur who has made a name for himself as one of the most successful Dota 2 players in the world. Born on October 8th, 1993, in Denmark, Johan began his esports career playing Heroes of Newerth before transitioning to Dota 2 in 2012.
Over the years, Johan has played for several teams, including Fnatic, OG, and Monkey Business. He is widely considered to be one of the best Dota 2 players in the world, and his skills on the battlefield have helped him earn millions of dollars in prize money. In fact, as of 2021, Johan has earned more than $7.5 million in prize money from various tournaments, making him one of the wealthiest esports players in history.
But Johan’s success in the gaming world doesn’t end there. In addition to his esports career, he is also a successful entrepreneur. In 2018, he co-founded OG, an esports organization that has quickly become one of the most successful and recognizable brands in the industry. Under Johan’s leadership, OG has won multiple championships in Dota 2 and other games, solidifying its place as one of the top esports organizations in the world.
Thanks to his incredible skills on the virtual battlefield and his business acumen, Johan has built an impressive personal wealth. As of 2021, his net worth is estimated to be around $8 million, making him one of the richest esports players in the world. Despite his success, Johan remains humble and dedicated to his craft, always striving to improve his skills and help grow the esports industry.
Here is a timeline of Johan “N0tail” Sundstein’s notable achievements and milestones:
- 1993: Johan Sundstein is born on October 8th in Denmark.
- 2008: Johan begins playing competitive Heroes of Newerth.
- 2012: Johan transitions to Dota 2 and begins his professional esports career.
- 2013: Johan plays for Fnatic and places 7th-8th in The International 2013.
- 2014: Johan plays for Team Secret and wins the ASUS ROG DreamLeague Season 1.
- 2015: Johan returns to Fnatic and places 4th in The International 2015.
- 2016: Johan forms the team OG and wins the Frankfurt Major, becoming the first team to win a Valve-sponsored tournament with a clean sweep (3-0).
- 2017: OG places 7th-8th in The International 2017.
- 2018: Johan co-founds OG as an esports organization, which signs the former roster of Team Kinguin and wins The International 2018, becoming the first team in history to win the tournament twice.
- 2019: Johan and OG repeat as champions, winning The International 2019 and securing a $15.6 million prize pool, the largest in esports history at the time.
- 2020: OG places 13th-16th in The International 2020, which was postponed and then held online due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 2021: Johan and OG win the 2021 Dota Pro Circuit Season 2: Europe Upper Division, securing a spot at The International 10 with a chance to win their third consecutive championship.
Throughout his career, Johan has earned millions of dollars in prize money and become one of the most successful and recognizable figures in esports.
5 Interesting Facts about Johan “N0tail” Sundstein:
- Johan’s gaming handle “N0tail” comes from a childhood nickname given to him by his grandmother, who thought his ears looked like little flowers.
- In addition to his success in Dota 2, Johan has also played and competed in games like Hearthstone, Overwatch, and League of Legends.
- Johan is known for his positive attitude and sportsmanship, often hugging opponents and teammates alike after matches.
- Johan has a passion for music and has been known to play the piano and guitar in his free time.
- Johan has a close relationship with his family, who have been supportive of his esports career since he was young.
5 Quotes by Johan “N0tail” Sundstein:
- “I never thought I would be doing this for a living, but I always believed in myself and my ability to achieve great things.”
- “Esports is more than just playing games. It’s about hard work, dedication, and perseverance.”
- “In esports, you’re never done learning. There’s always something new to discover and improve on.”
- “My success wouldn’t be possible without the support of my family, friends, and fans. I’m grateful for all of them.”
- “At the end of the day, it’s not about the money or the fame. It’s about the passion and love for the game.”