|Full Name||Low Tuck Kwong|
|Born||1959 in Singapore|
|Education||Bachelor of Commerce degree from Nanyang University|
|Business||Founder and Chairman of Bayan Resources, a coal mining company in Indonesia|
|Net Worth||$2.8 billion (as of 2021, according to Forbes)|
|Philanthropy||Has donated millions of dollars to charitable causes in Singapore and Indonesia|
|Honors||Received the Distinguished Patron of the Arts Award from the National Arts Council in Singapore|
|Family||Married with children|
|Public Profile||Known for keeping a low public profile and avoiding media attention|
|Interests||Enjoys golf and is a member of several golf clubs in Singapore and Indonesia|
Low Tuck Kwong is a Singaporean businessman who made his fortune through his ownership of Bayan Resources, a leading coal mining company based in Indonesia. Born in 1959 in Singapore, Low Tuck Kwong started his career in the commodities trading industry in the 1980s. He soon branched out into the coal mining industry, where he saw tremendous potential for growth and profitability.
In 1995, Low Tuck Kwong founded Bayan Resources, which quickly became one of the most successful and profitable coal mining companies in Indonesia. Under his leadership, the company grew rapidly, and by the early 2000s, it had become one of the largest coal mining companies in the country. Today, Bayan Resources is a publicly listed company on the Indonesian Stock Exchange and has operations across Indonesia, China, and Singapore.
Low Tuck Kwong’s net worth is estimated at $2.8 billion as of 2021, according to Forbes. Much of his wealth is tied up in Bayan Resources, which continues to be a major contributor to his net worth. He is known to be a very private individual who shuns the spotlight and prefers to focus on his work and family life.
In addition to his success in the coal mining industry, Low Tuck Kwong is also known for his philanthropic work. He has donated millions of dollars to various charitable causes in Singapore and Indonesia, including education, healthcare, and disaster relief. He is also a supporter of various cultural and artistic organizations in Singapore, and he has been recognized for his contributions to the arts and culture scene in the country.
Overall, Low Tuck Kwong’s wealth is a testament to his business acumen and strategic investments in the coal mining industry. While he is known to be a private individual, his philanthropic work has earned him widespread respect and admiration in Singapore and beyond.
Here is a timeline of Low Tuck Kwong:
- 1959: Low Tuck Kwong is born in Singapore.
- 1980s: Low Tuck Kwong starts his career in the commodities trading industry.
- 1995: Low Tuck Kwong founds Bayan Resources, a coal mining company based in Indonesia.
- 2000s: Bayan Resources becomes one of the largest coal mining companies in Indonesia.
- 2010: Bayan Resources becomes a publicly listed company on the Indonesian Stock Exchange.
- 2021: Low Tuck Kwong’s net worth is estimated at $2.8 billion, according to Forbes. He continues to lead Bayan Resources and is also actively involved in philanthropic causes in Singapore and Indonesia.
Here are 5 interesting facts about him:
- Low Tuck Kwong’s company, Bayan Resources, is the largest coal exporter in Indonesia and has operations in China and Singapore.
- He is known for his low profile and prefers to keep a low public profile, despite his immense wealth and success.
- Low Tuck Kwong is a major philanthropist, having donated millions of dollars to charitable causes in Singapore and Indonesia.
- He has been recognized for his contributions to the arts and culture scene in Singapore.
- Low Tuck Kwong is a private person who avoids media attention and prefers to focus on his work and family life.