Princess Ameerah Al-Taweel is a prominent Saudi Arabian philanthropist, activist, and businesswoman. She was born on November 6, 1983, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, to a middle-class family. Her father was a police officer, and her mother was a school teacher. Ameerah was the only daughter of her parents, and she has three brothers.
Ameerah received her early education in Saudi Arabia and then moved to the United States to pursue her higher education. She graduated from the University of New Haven in Connecticut with a degree in Business Administration. After completing her education, Ameerah returned to Saudi Arabia and started working as an executive assistant at the Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundation.
Ameerah’s career took off when she married Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, a billionaire Saudi Arabian businessman and member of the Saudi royal family. The couple’s wedding ceremony was held in 2008, and it was a lavish affair attended by many high-profile guests.
After her marriage, Ameerah became actively involved in philanthropy and social causes. She founded the Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundation, which is a charitable organization that focuses on promoting education, health care, and women’s empowerment. Ameerah also established the Tasamy Social Entrepreneurship Program, which supports and promotes social entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia.
In addition to her philanthropic work, Ameerah is also a successful businesswoman. She has investments in various sectors, including technology, media, and hospitality. Ameerah is also a board member of several companies, including Twitter and News Corp.
As for her wealth, it is difficult to determine Princess Ameerah’s net worth as it is not publicly disclosed. However, her husband, Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, is estimated to have a net worth of around $20 billion. Ameerah is believed to have a significant share in her husband’s wealth, making her one of the wealthiest women in Saudi Arabia.
Despite her immense wealth and privilege, Ameerah remains committed to making a positive impact on society. She continues to be an advocate for women’s rights and empowerment in Saudi Arabia and around the world. Ameerah is also an active social media user and uses her platforms to raise awareness about important issues and causes.
Here is a timeline of Princess Ameerah Al-Taweel’s life and career:
- November 6, 1983: Ameerah Al-Taweel is born in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Early 2000s: Ameerah moves to the United States to pursue her higher education.
- 2008: Ameerah marries Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, a billionaire Saudi Arabian businessman and member of the Saudi royal family.
- 2008: Ameerah founds the Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundation, a charitable organization that focuses on promoting education, health care, and women’s empowerment.
- 2010: Ameerah establishes the Tasamy Social Entrepreneurship Program, which supports and promotes social entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia.
- 2011: Ameerah is named one of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World.
- 2014: Ameerah is appointed as a board member of Twitter.
- 2016: Ameerah is appointed as a board member of News Corp.
- Present: Ameerah continues her philanthropic work and advocacy for women’s rights and empowerment in Saudi Arabia and around the world, as well as her investments in various sectors.
5 Interesting Facts about Princess Ameerah Al-Taweel:
- Ameerah is the founder of the Time Entertainment Company, which focuses on producing movies and TV shows that promote tolerance and understanding between different cultures.
- She was the first Saudi Arabian woman to appear on the cover of Vogue Arabia.
- Ameerah is fluent in Arabic, English, and French.
- She is a member of the Clinton Global Initiative and has worked with the Clinton Foundation on various philanthropic initiatives.
- Ameerah has received numerous awards and honors for her philanthropic work, including the Arab Woman of the Year award in 2012.
5 Quotes from Princess Ameerah Al-Taweel:
- “I don’t think there is anything more important than investing in women, and I believe that is the only way we can create a better world.”
- “When we empower women, we empower society.”
- “Philanthropy is not about giving money, it’s about solving problems.”
- “We have to work together to build a more tolerant and peaceful world. We cannot do it alone.”
- “As a woman, I know that we can be strong, we can be powerful, and we can make a difference.”