Prince Mohammed bin Nayef, also known as MBN, was a member of the Saudi Arabian royal family and a former Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. He was born on August 30, 1959, in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, to Prince Nayef bin Abdulaziz, who was the Minister of Interior from 1975 until his death in 2012.
Prince Mohammed bin Nayef studied law at King Saud University in Riyadh, and he later obtained a master’s degree in political science from the University of Oregon in the United States. He joined the Ministry of Interior in 1978 and rose through the ranks to become its Deputy Minister in 1999. He was appointed Minister of Interior in 2012 and served in that role until 2017.
During his tenure as Minister of Interior, Prince Mohammed bin Nayef was responsible for overseeing the security and law enforcement of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. He played a key role in fighting terrorism in the country, and he was widely regarded as a competent and effective leader. In 2015, he was appointed as Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, a position he held until 2017 when he was replaced by Prince Mohammad bin Salman.
As a member of the Saudi royal family, Prince Mohammed bin Nayef was estimated to have a significant amount of wealth. However, there is no accurate public record of his net worth or the details of his assets, but it is estimated to be around $4 billionaire . The royal family’s finances and wealth are largely kept private, and estimates of their wealth vary widely.
In 2017, Prince Mohammed bin Nayef was reportedly placed under house arrest, along with other high-ranking members of the Saudi royal family, as part of an anti-corruption campaign launched by the new Crown Prince, Mohammed bin Salman. The campaign reportedly led to the seizure of billions of dollars in assets and the arrest of numerous high-profile individuals.
Despite these controversies, Prince Mohammed bin Nayef’s legacy as a leader and a member of the Saudi royal family remains significant. He is widely respected for his role in fighting terrorism and maintaining the security of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Here is a timeline of the major events in the life and career of Prince Mohammed bin Nayef:
- August 30, 1959: Prince Mohammed bin Nayef is born in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- 1978: Prince Mohammed bin Nayef joins the Ministry of Interior.
- 1999: He is appointed as the Deputy Minister of Interior.
- 2004: Prince Mohammed bin Nayef is named the Assistant Minister of Interior for Security Affairs.
- 2012: He is appointed as the Minister of Interior of Saudi Arabia.
- 2015: Prince Mohammed bin Nayef is appointed as Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.
- 2017: He is replaced as Crown Prince by Mohammed bin Salman and placed under house arrest as part of an anti-corruption campaign.
Here are 5 interesting facts about Prince Mohammed bin Nayef and 5 quotes from him:
5 Interesting Facts:
- He is the first grandson of King Abdulaziz to hold a ministerial position.
- Prince Mohammed bin Nayef was the driving force behind the establishment of the Saudi Counterterrorism Unit.
- He has received numerous awards from foreign countries for his role in combating terrorism.
- In 2009, he survived an assassination attempt by a suicide bomber who had explosives hidden in his rectum.
- He was known for his close relationship with the United States and was a key ally in the fight against terrorism.
- “Terrorism knows no borders, no nationality, and no religion. It is an evil that must be eradicated from the world.”
- “Our war on terrorism is a war for the sake of humanity.”
- “The security and stability of Saudi Arabia are not only important for the Saudi people, but also for the region and the world.”
- “Saudi Arabia is determined to continue its efforts to combat extremism and terrorism and to stand firm against those who seek to harm our country and our people.”
- “The Saudi people will not be intimidated by terrorists, and we will continue to work with our partners around the world to combat this global threat.”