15 July 1976 (age 46)
Algermissen, Lower Saxony, West Germany
(m. 2001; div. 2006)
|Partners||Joshua Jackson (2006–2016)|
Norman Reedus (2016–present)
|Height||5 feet 7 inches or 170 cm (1.70 m)|
|Weight||56 kg or 123 pounds|
|Net Worth||$25 million|
Diane Kruger is a German actress and former fashion model who has become one of Hollywood’s most sought-after talents. She was born Diane Heidkrüger on July 15, 1976, in Algermissen, Germany, and grew up in a small village near Hildesheim. Kruger studied ballet as a child, but after an injury ended her dreams of becoming a professional dancer, she turned to modeling.
Kruger began her modeling career at the age of 16, and she quickly rose to fame, working with some of the world’s top designers and photographers. She moved to Paris when she was 18 and spent several years working for the prestigious Elite Model Management agency.
In the early 2000s, Kruger transitioned to acting and landed her breakout role in the 2004 film “Troy,” in which she played Helen of Troy opposite Brad Pitt. Since then, she has appeared in numerous films, including “National Treasure,” “Inglourious Basterds,” and “The Host,” among many others. Kruger has also received critical acclaim for her work in independent films, such as “In the Fade,” which won her the Best Actress award at the 2017 Cannes Film Festival.
Kruger has also been a brand ambassador for several high-end fashion and beauty brands, including Chanel, L’Oreal, and Calvin Klein. In addition, she has worked as a producer on several projects, including the television series “The Bridge.”
As of 2021, Diane Kruger’s net worth is estimated to be around $24 million. Much of her wealth comes from her successful acting career, which has spanned over two decades. Additionally, her modeling work and endorsement deals have also contributed to her financial success. Kruger is known for her impeccable fashion sense and has been a fixture on red carpets at some of the world’s most high-profile events, which has also helped to elevate her profile and earning potential. Overall, Kruger’s talent, hard work, and business acumen have helped her to build a successful career and accumulate significant wealth.
10 interessting facts:
- Diane Kruger was originally a ballet dancer and dreamed of becoming a professional ballerina until an injury ended her career.
- She was discovered by a modeling agent in a shopping mall in Germany when she was 15 years old.
- Kruger speaks fluent German, English, and French, and has acted in films in all three languages.
- She is a former fashion model and was the face of Chanel’s Allure fragrance in 1996.
- Kruger’s breakout role in Hollywood was playing Helen of Troy in the 2004 epic film “Troy” opposite Brad Pitt.
- She won the Best Actress award at the 2017 Cannes Film Festival for her role in the film “In the Fade.”
- Kruger is a trained stuntwoman and did her own stunts in the film “Inglourious Basterds.”
- She is the first German actress to be on the cover of Vanity Fair magazine.
- Kruger was a member of the jury at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival.
- She is known for her love of fashion and has been a fixture at the annual Met Gala in New York City.
Timeline of her career:
1992: At the age of 15, Diane Kruger is discovered by a modeling agent in a mall in Germany.
1996: Kruger becomes the face of Chanel’s Allure fragrance and begins her career as a fashion model.
2002: She makes her acting debut in the French film “Mon Idole.”
2004: Kruger lands her breakthrough role as Helen of Troy in the Hollywood epic film “Troy” opposite Brad Pitt.
2005: She stars in the action-adventure film “National Treasure” alongside Nicolas Cage.
2007: Kruger stars in Quentin Tarantino’s “Death Proof,” part of the double feature film “Grindhouse.”
2009: She plays a leading role in the period drama film “Inglourious Basterds” and receives critical acclaim for her performance.
2011: Kruger stars in the sci-fi thriller “The Host” alongside Saoirse Ronan.
2013: She stars in the French film “Les Adieux à la reine,” which is nominated for a César Award.
2017: Kruger wins the Best Actress award at the Cannes Film Festival for her role in the German film “In the Fade.”
2018: She stars in the film “Welcome to Marwen” alongside Steve Carell.
2020: Kruger stars in the TV series “The Operative” and serves as an executive producer.
Throughout her career, Diane Kruger has also been a brand ambassador for several high-end fashion and beauty brands, including Chanel, L’Oreal, and Calvin Klein. She has also been a member of the jury at the Cannes Film Festival and has received numerous awards for her acting, including a Screen Actors Guild Award and a Critics’ Choice Television Award.
Top 5 Qutoes
- “I’ve always been a risk taker. I left home at 15 and moved to Paris to model. That’s kind of crazy, right?”
- “For me, acting is about the art of it and it’s about being on a film set and doing your best with the material.”
- “I’m always nervous before I start a project, but I think that’s a good thing. It’s a sign that I’m challenging myself.”
- “I’m always interested in the characters that are not necessarily the obvious choice.”
- “I’m a true believer that you have to find something that you love and that you’re passionate about, and that will carry you through.”